Friday, January 1, 2010

Out with the old...in with the new!

Happy 2010 Everyone!! As 2009 comes to an end and 2010 begins I cant help but look back on 2009 and be thankful for all we were blessed with!
A few highlights: Finding out we're having a baby & It's a girl!!, Jeremy's family moved back to Owensboro from Birmingham, All of my dads scans have been clear- no cancer in sight! and we are almost 2 years out from his diagnosis, Celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary, and The health and happiness of our amazing families. Jeremy and I are both so lucky to have great jobs, our families, our health and eachother. He is my best friend, and probably the only person that can put up with me :) I am beyond excited to start this new journey with him! I know he is going to be an amazing father and I cant wait to watch!
2009 definitely flew by, maybe because I spent the entire summer sick as a dog and rarely left the house, or it could be the anticipation of January 2010. Whatever it was, I am glad we have reached 2010. I just know it's going to be a great year! I look back on the past few years and 2007 stands out to me, we bought and built a new house, I got a promotion at work, a new addition to our family (Ruby!) and the best part- our wedding day!! I think 2010 will be even better than 2007 and that will be hard to beat! I know there will be good times and bad times, fun times and sad times, but overall this will be the BEST TIME of our life!
Im not big on resolutions- maybe because I usually end up breaking all of them! (I think I start out every January with a gym membership) but this year I just want to make small goals for myself- hopefully those will be easier than shedding x number of pounds by March! HA! I want to most importantly make sure I am a good wife and always a best friend and number one fan to my husband. I've never been a mother, but I can only hope I will learn to be the best one that I can. (I know I have a good role model!) This will be a BIG year of firsts and I can't wait to experience them all. I can't wait for love at first sight, first smiles, first words and first steps. Our first will be here this month and I have never been more excited!

1 comment:

Caroline Mosey said...

I just choked up reading your blog! Maybe its my preg. hormones or you're just a great writer, but I love seeing your excitement about Hannah! I'm so excited for ya'll because you're right: it WILL be the best year of your life and everything you're excited about; well, it will be 10 times better:)