Tuesday, November 12, 2013

my not so little 18 month old.

Where on earth did my baby go?! I still treat him like a little baby so Im still holding onto that :) Last Friday was Owen's 18 month birthday...its so hard to believe. I remember bringing home this precious 8 pound baby and holding him...well until now :) I CANNOT get enough of him most days. I want to gnaw on his little chubby cheeks and some days I do. He is everything I hoped for in a son. He is a total mama's boy and I LOVE it. He is loving, wild, funny and smart :) I love watching him turn into a funny little person. I love watching the bond between him and Hannah. It seriously makes the hardest days worth it. I couldnt ever imagine only having one child and I am SO beyond thankful God has given us these two. Watching them as brother and sister is one of my greatest joys. They are perfect together.


 At 18 months, Owen is still and continues to hold true to his nickname, Tiny Tornado. The kid gets into everything. Cupboards, closets, the dishwasher, and the bathroom is his new favorite. He is rarely playing in the fully stocked playroom we have. He ALWAYS has a smile on his face. Those big front teeth literally melt me.


These days he really isnt saying a whole lot, not as much as I remember with Hannah but Im not really sure Owen can get a word in with a sister like Hannah :) He copies every single thing she does. Ive never seen such a copy cat. He even copies other people. The other day at the park a little boy was just laying down on the play structure and Owen laid right beside him and put his hands under his chin like the little boy was doing. I had to laugh but not sure what that little boy thought :)
so patient with her! for the most part!


Lets see- he has been sleeping really good. He goes to bed about 7:45-8 and wakes between 7-8. We have off days but for the most part he has a great schedule. He naps about 1:00 and sleeps for 3 to 3.5 hours. Usually we have to go wake him after 4:00. Confession- he still sleeps in his pack n play. Yep, his room is filled with beautiful nursery furniture and the kid sleeps in a pack n play. Whatever works! At least he's sleeping :)

He's getting to be a pretty picky eater. I will cut up everything we are having for dinner and when I sit down with my plate he cries and reaches for my food. I guess thats a toddler thing! He is determined to feed himself which is good too but, pretty messy! He used to eat almost anything and now the list is getting shorter.


He's wearing mostly 18-24 month clothes. 2T's are kinda big on him. I think he has short little legs :) All his pants are too long! But he has some juicy thighs!

We are working on the eye teeth at the moment. Those are rough! I hate those darn teeth. I remember how they turned Hannah into a different child and I am expecting the same thing for him!

He LOVES playing outside. He will go get his shoes by the back door and just wait for someone to let him out. He gets so upset if he cant go out.

He has the funniest little run Ive ever seen. I guess because his legs are short its like he wobbles back and forth. I cant even describe it, its just hilarious!

He has been doing alot more sign language lately and picking up on it quickly. I love when babies sign, its just one of the neatest things they learn.

He loves showing you where your nose is. He'll basically just point to your nose for 20 minutes straight! And he loves showing off his belly :) He knows most of his body parts but his belly is his favorite!

When he wakes up he just wants to cuddle. You cant change his diaper right away, he just wants to be wrapped in this huge blanket we have and cuddle. I love those moments!

He's getting more hair- and Im surprised how light it is. Hannah had a head full of dark hair but Owen is the opposite!

He is just one funny, happy little boy! I cant believe we are getting closer to 2 years old everyday. I LOVE this stage. They are so fun! Owen, we love every single bit of you!!!


No comments: