Friday, May 16, 2014

Owen's Birthday week!

We were so lucky to have Jeremy's mom and sister come in town for a week. We were busy and had a great time and got to celebrate a special little 2 year old!!
They got here on Saturday & we were hoping to catch the KY Derby but we just barely were going to miss it so we took them to see the fountains at the Bellagio and see the strip in the day time (which is obviously a little different than night time!)  Then we grabbed dinner and all went home and just enjoyed the company!

Sunday we got up and decided to hit the outlet malls down by the strip. I had actually never been down to those so I was excited :) Of course outlet shopping with kids isnt all that easy! That day Jeremy and I had plans to stay at Mandalay Bay for the night as a short getaway, it was much needed and we had a great time! It was so fun to just lay by the pool together, have a nice dinner, laugh, and just have some fun together, without packing diaper bags, changing diapers and trying to get Hannah and Owen to keep their hands off eachother!
We still had access to the pool for most of that day so Sue, Kim and the kids met us down at the pool and we spent most of the morning there. That was fun and the kids had a great time!





 Im sad we didnt get a picture together but I did get a picture of Jeremy after he won some money!

We made a trip to the mall, which I dont ever get to do so that was nice too!


Jeremy, Sue, Kim and Hannah went to the Hoover Dam one afternoon, its really only about a 45-50 minute drive so its not too bad. They said it was so neat! I will make sure to see it before we leave. Their pictures were really neat.
Thursday was Owen's birthday and we spoiled him all day! Its so crazy to think that he's two. I swear I could just re-live his newborn days forever. I absolutely loved them. And I love these days now, he's just alot more mobile and vocal :) I love this kid so much it hurts. So glad I have a mama's boy!
 
 I love making this cake for special occasions- Ice Cream Sandwich cake. Just layer one layer of ice cream sandwiches, layer of mint chip ice cream, another layer of ice cream sandwiches, another layer of mint ice cream and top with cool whip! SO easy and good!

 She did a great job helping me make his ice cream sandwich cake :)






 I guess cause he's two he can do what he wants on his birthday!

 Hannah 4 and Owen 2, hard to believe!

 We always have our hands full!
 Hannah was a BIG helper ;) Its a good thing Owen didnt mind too much!

 We also made it to Jeremy's course to have lunch with him. I always love going there, its beautiful!


 The kids love chasing the bunnies!

 They left that evening but we had a wonderful time with them! We loved having the company for Owen's birthday and thankful we were able to get away for a night while they were here. They got to see & do so many things so I was glad about that!
 That weekend we celebrated Mothers Day and just enjoyed the kids and all their crazy!

 LOVE them!!! I seriously cant squeeze them tight enough at night. And boy do they love eachother. We're going through the phase where they physically cannot keep their hands off eachother. It starts as laughing but usually ends in one of them crying!!

 Mothers Day Breakfast

This week turned kind of rough when I took Owen to the dr for an ear infection and then later that night came down with a sudden sore throat which was Strep throat, and Jeremy had the exact same symptoms as I did, right at the same time. Ive never had it and ohmygosh its AWFUL. I seriously thought I had the flu the first two days. I was hot/cold, fever, body aches, neck and throat pain. It was just bad. I finally got some antibiotics and Im on the mend. Jeremy and I must have picked it up from the hotel because that was the only place we were alone together. I guess we paid for our night away, ha ha!! 

Our plane tickets for KY are BOOKED! Yay! Thank you Southwest for dropping your tickets ha ha! Right before KY Hannah has T-ball and I cant wait for that!!! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! I've been waiting for a post :)

I'm so glad you two had a fun night away together! Sorry you're paying for it though, strep is the worst!! I know because a certain someone gave it to me after our first kiss haha!

SO SO excited for you guys to visit soon and to have you here for his cerermony! Can't wait!!