Friday, June 6, 2014

Life as of late!

You would think I could get my act together and blog a little more! For some reason...Im not getting the time it takes to write, pick the pictures, send them, add them...you know the whole drill. Ive got little people who dont really give me a minute to myself from sun up to sun down! Not complaining, just explaining :) So Im going to attempt to re-cap....

So pretty sure these pictures have been in my inbox to update a Memorial Day weekend post...but I'll just do that now! In no particular order...of course

So the Friday of Memorial Day weekend we were having one of those days as parents where our skin was crawling, we had cabin fever, the kids were CRAZY, they needed out of the house so Jeremy and I just looked at eachother like, we have to get out of here! So we decided to be spontaneous for once (Im a planner...I dont get just get up and go very often!) So we were going to just hop in the car and drive to San Diego for the night, spend the day at the beach, then go to the San Diego zoo the next day and head back. I was SO excited to just do this and not care about the details. I found a great hotel room (not exactly cheap but we never do this stuff!) It was in La Jolla, beachfront, kids pool, just perfect. So as were are back and forth on these plans, Im like starving, like mean hungry...ha ha. So we ran to get dinner came back, we decided to do it, I hit "Book Now" on the room and SOLD OUT. Like every single room. So to me, that was a sign. We just ended up staying home...we'll do it again another time! But I was pretty proud of my spontaneity ha ha!

Saturday we took the kids to the Springs Preserve Ice cream festival. Im thankful for events like this but since there arent a ton of family events, everyone with a child in Vegas goes to them. It was PACKED. It was basically all the ice cream you wanted and a few things for the kids to do. But it was hot and we waited in line for 45 minutes so Hannah could ride a pony. Obviously worth it for her, but a little loooonnnnnngggg.g..... She loved it though :)
 


 Sunday morning we went to the pool at the Rio Hotel. They offer it free to locals (well, not anymore, we found out the hard way when we showed up there last weekend with two kids ready to swim...aaahhh!) But they have a nice set up with sand and a shallow entrance pool. The kids had a blast. The funny things about one of the hottest cities in the US is that pools here do not open until 11 or 12. Like the hottest part of the day??? Since we have young kids and have been up since dawn, by the time noon rolls around we are ready for lunch and naps. So the pools here dont really work out for us. Big bummer. Why woudnt they be open early for families and the heat? Im just adding it to my list of why Las Vegas is one of the strangest cities!

 We do this now....
 Hannah riding Nutmeg for about 45 seconds :)
 He was a mad little boy this day...we are going on 4.5 weeks of a bad, bad ear infection and now a ruptured ear drum so it took him a long time to warm up to that water! And this was 2 weeks ago..he still has this ear problem :(
 LOVE her. Im so forever grateful for a daughter like her. Even at 4:20 this morning when she called out for me and I run into her room so she doesnt wake Owen and she says, Mommy?? Can you cuddle me?

 They are a mess together. But the bond is strong as I hope it will be forever.



 That Saturday of Memorial day we ended up at Urgent Care with Owen. 102 fever and I swore it was more of an ear infection. Maybe that was the day his ear drum ruptured....and probably good we werent in San Diego!

 Got a good smile out of him, even though he was miserable!
At his 2 year check up...we had to put off his shots again because of his ears. But he got an antibiotic shot that day and its helped some. He was about 30 pounds and in the 75th% for his height. More on his 2 year check up and Hannah's preschool graduation coming soon...like hopefully within the next two weeks...I kid....I hope!

No comments: