Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Character Counts!

I am SO proud today!! This girl is a rock star. We have had our moments (and still do!) she is strong willed as ever, and we have some hard days but she truly is a KIND, hardworking, caring, girl.


I got a message from her teacher about the first award ceremony of the year and that Hannah was getting an award. I had no idea which award but I was very excited to see her.


They were giving our character awards and honor roll awards. I still had no idea what award she was getting so I just kept filming until I heard her name.

Then I hear her teacher say, "This Exemplary Bobcat award for excellent character goes to Hannah Adkins". My heart just BURST. We work REALLY hard at home on being good friends, kind people, caring people and doing what is right. That might not always go on in our home, or even out in public but for the most part, this girl has Amazing character. In her conference, Ms. Martinez told us she is always so helpful to others and will tell her teacher if another friend needs something.

It meant so much to me to know she got this award because I have always said, I just want to have good, kind, caring, empathetic, loving children. It doesnt matter their test score, how good they are at sports, I just want them to be good people. We are working on it. And in 5 years she has really grown. I was just SO proud of her.

I found her after the ceremony and gave her a huge hug and she just burst into tears. It's really hard for her when I come to school because she knows I have to leave. It broke my heart. So in a couple of these pictures she is on the verge of tears, poor girl.

Hannah you are awesome. Always be a person of character, it means more than any grade, any award, any first place team you could be apart of.

Love you my little Exemplary Imagine Mountainview Bobcat!!!


No comments: