Friday, July 10, 2009

OH BABY!!!

It's official...the cat's outta the bag! Jeremy and I are going to be parents! Can you Believe it??!! We are so thrilled to begin this new chapter in our lives! Baby Adkins (as we refer to him or her) will make his or her entrance into the world around January 24th!! We look forward to keeping you updated on our baby news!

June 10th was our first doctors appointment and I was 7 weeks 3 days. We got a little snapshot of our "Little Peanut" and that is exactly what it looked like. Kinda like a fuzzy little peanut. We just went back July 8th (11 weeks 3 days) and were able to hear the most amazing sound you could ever hear! The heartbeat!! If you could only record that sound and play it over and over...music to my ears :) Even Jeremy thought it was pretty cool!

I am in HUGE countdown mode for the last week of August....that is when we will find out what we are having! We get to find out at 18 weeks. I don't have any idea how people can wait until the baby is born. Of course...maybe that is where my impatientness sets in.

I'd love to start feeling better too! The only way I can describe it is like one constant, massive hangover. I have been blessed with Night Sickness. Which I really shouldn't complain about too much. Its so much better than having to deal with being sick at work. But poor Jeremy hasn't had a home cooked meal in weeks! I cant even open the refridgerator without being hit with a huge wave of nauseau. I come home from work and sleep...eat a little...and sleep some more. I think even Ruby feels neglected. She hasn't gotten her Dog Park time in. Give me a couple weeks and I will have lots of energy...or so they say. But right now I cant imagine being able to get through a work day without wanting to crawl under my desk and snooze. I cant even imagine what it would be like to get through a whole dinner without making some seriously grotesque faces. Im sure Jeremy just loves sitting across from me. Of course, Ive lost a little weight so that cant be too bad...Im sure Ill make up for it!

Off to Enjoy the weekend ahead! Looking forward to some R & R!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to wait either. I'm sure it would be really exciting, but I'm too much of a control-freak. I'll want to decorate the nursery, and I'll probably buy lots of clothes as soon as I know. But we might keep the sex a secret from everyone else ;) We'll see! Congratulations again - so excited for you all!!

Bethan Flynn said...

We are so excited for you both! We ant wait to see your little belly!!! Congratulations and cant wait to hang out when you are feeling better!

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

The next most excited people are Grandmommy & Gramps! Thanks for making us grandparents! We know you guys are going to be great parents. The only problem we see is with Ruby taking a back seat to the little peanut! Blessings for a healthy baby! We love you both!