Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 & back to reality!

Im very late with this post, things have been busy these last 2.5 weeks to say the least! But I wanted to post some pictures from Thanksgiving. It was a fun, long weekend with everyone. I ate Thanksgiving dinner like I'd never be eating again :) I figure I had deserved it! Jeremy got in late Wednesday night and was flying out Sunday morning so we crammed in as much as we could.

We enjoyed a fun, funny and entertaining Thanksgiving at my parents house. The kids were good, the food was awesome and the company will always make you laugh!
 At 90 and 96, they're looking pretty great!

 Best we could get! Owen doesnt sit!


 They are two peas in a pod- always together, getting into trouble!
 I was taking pics of him, he wanted to take pics of me :)
 Hannah wrote all the place cards. She LOVES to write!
 THANKFUL for them!


 Funny little boy!


 Setting his own place!
 Thankful we were in KY for Thanksgiving!
 Love this kid...he's getting more mischievous by the minute!
 This silverware was my Grandpa Ben's from the 1920's.
 Putting her to work :)
 Nothing like iphones to keep them out of the kitchen!



 She was ready but all she ate was mashed potatos!
 my two favorites!


 Adam and Owen :)

Friday morning we drove to Owensboro to spend a couple days with Jeremy's family while he was in town. I realized Jeremy had not been home since March for our going away party. I forget that because I come home so often that I forget he's always the one staying back here catching up on sleep working. :)


 A fun group of wild grandkids :)
Aunt Kim and the girls!

Saturday night Jeremy wanted to see some people he had not seen since March so we went out for a bit and then he was on a place at 8 the next morning. Talk about a fast trip!



We spent the rest of the trip doing as much as we could, seeing everyone we could and preparing for our trip back to reality. Thankfully Jeremy's parents were flying back with me and were staying for a few days with us. We enjoyed the company! They left yesterday and now it is really back to reality :(
 We had a 45 minute delay and a 100 mph headwind...we were on that airplane for 5 hours! longest flight yet. And my skin was crawling by about hour two :)
 She loves to hold him, he hates to be held
 Passing time in the airport!
 We went and had lunch with Jeremy at the golf course and Hannah wrote her own letter to Santa. Which she wanted to decorate with stickers...my stamps!
 Sue and I did some Christmas shopping and tortured Owen in the process :)
 We went out to dinner on Friday night...it was COLD! We came back to 40 degree weather here! No snow, but just plain cold!
 proud of him!!
 Before we left for Red Rock and the airport I was trying to deal with this....OMG. This is layers and layers of knots and tangles. IF I can get through it today, we're cutting it!! Doesnt help that she HATES having her hair touched. Like she wont even wear a ponytail. Wish me luck!

Whew! Now its time to decorate for Christmas and get in the Christmas spirit! Im actually almost done with both kids gifts- probably the earliest Ive ever been done with them!



No comments: