Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Getting ready for Christmas!

This past weekend was fun & busy, just the way I like it! Friday we had a Christmas party for Jeremy's superintendents chapter, so we got a babysitter and enjoyed a night out. I know the kids love having Paige come babysit and it was a nice little outing for us too. We walked away with a couple gift cards too, so that wasnt too bad!

Saturday morning I went to Hobby Lobby. ALONE. It was amazing. I LOVE that place. It's not convenient to us so it's an all morning trip if I have to go. And let's just say its not Owen's favorite store. So I got my starbucks and went alone, it was wonderful :)
He and I tried to go one morning and he was pretty bored with it. But he was happy Old Navy had a fake dog! :)


That afternoon Hannah had a birthday party for a little girl in her class. Its fun for her to get to do that stuff and I like meeting the parents too. She enjoyed herself and was a total mess! But it was fun!

After that we raced home to get ready for our neighborhoods Christmas event. They do some really fun things, and most of it is usually free. They had the Christmas tree lighting, free train rides, Santa was there, Anna, Elsa and Olaf (and Im pretty sure the line to take a picture with them was longer than Santa and free pony rides!) Thankfully Hannah and Owen are not at that stage where they are dying to take pics with characters so we avoided that line! They had cookie decorating, cards to soliders, games, bounce house, pony rides. It was fun. The kids were cold and hungry so they didnt last long! Hannah did get to ride a pony which she loves doing!



 Sunday morning I needed a break and Jeremy could tell. Thankfully he took the kids to Springs Preserve to give me a break. It was so wonderful and so appreciated. They got to see a parrot show and for a little extra they both got to sit with parrots. As you can tell Hannah was comfortable holding one in her lap as a baby and Owen wasnt too sure!

 This one makes me laugh!
 He still isnt too sure!

Later that day we had Hannah's Christmas program at school. I was so excited but man it started off on the wrong foot. She was extremely tired (And there is no making her take a nap) so we had a rough start but thankfully it got better once she saw her friends. The program was adorable and I have some great video!
 This is how it started but thankfully it got better. We tried to take her to dinner afterward but she told us, Im too tired. Im glad she told us and we didnt sit through dinner with 2 tired kids!

 Such a sweet happy boy. Who, now likes to throw everything. Everything can and will be thrown at your head!
 My beauty!
 Silent night as they walked in with little candles.
 Hannah R is on the left of Hannah, they are best buds and have the same name, Hannah Elizabeth. How funny is that!
 Suckers helped with a small sugar rush to get us through.
We decorated a little bit, knowing we'd only be here for a couple weeks and the Elf made his return! Jeremy has done some clever things, he always remembers every morning at 5 am!
 Decorating her and Owens tree
 Joey is up to no good!

I love this one. Hannah and I made fake snow and Joey got into it. The funny part though, Owen CRIED so hard because Joey took his tractor. He kept saying, my tractor!! He got over it quickly but I had to call Jeremy and tell him to quit using Owen's toys! ha ha!

Less than a week and we head home! It will be a whirlwind but we are so excited to spend the time with family. Christmas at the beach house is my mom and dads dream this year and Im so thankful we will get to spend it with everyone. It means alot to them!

No comments: