Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Best. Summer. Ever.

No really, I think it was! Only thing that would have made it better is if Jeremy could have shared alot of it with us. We missed him alot, but we enjoyed dodging the sweltering heat for weeks! It was PACKED with adventure. There wasnt much down time, we saw so many people, went on several road trips and kept these kids extremely busy! Maybe too busy because now that we are home, they are SOOO BORED!!!  So Hannah wiped down cabinets and the back door and Owen unloaded the dishwasher and I sat down. As Hannah was cleaning she said, "Ugh, you are sitting down and we are cleaning?!?" Story of my life!


We enjoyed some one on one time with Owen before we left town. He is such a sweet boy. I just feel so lucky to have his easy going personality and hilarious little mind!

Spiderman!
He is seriously, usually this happy. His face says it all!
 I took scuba steve swimming a few times too! He just had to have flippers, a snorkel and a mask!
Then on June 29th, we flew home! Let me just tell ya, flying with one kid is a different world than traveling with two. So now I'll be doing it with 3!! AHHHHH!!!
They are REUNITED!
I mean, it didnt take them long to fight and put their hands on eachother!
I think she was pretty happy!
One of the first things I always do when we get to town is see my friend Kate. I miss her so much. We have the best time and love getting the kids together. So we enjoyed the green scenery in her backyard, after lunch of course :))

The view of my parents backyard is the best, and I definitely took it for granted. Im tired of staring at brown dirt and concrete walls. ONE DAY we'll be outta here.

In June, my sweet Bumpah passed away at the age of 98. An unbelievably long, beautiful life. I loved hearing his stories, especially from his pilot days.  We were so lucky to have my Grammy and Bumpah in KY for several years. I have so many wonderful memories of him. So while we were back in town we were able to celebrate his life. Family flew in from all over and we had a small family reunion to celebrate. He will be missed but I know he is flying planes in heaven!

His service was over 4th of July weekend so we were able to have a long weekend to celebrate with everyone. Which included an amazing dinner Saturday night with family and my mom hosted a 4th of July barbecue on that Monday. Hannah had been planning that party for weeks with my mom! It rained alot that day, and the kids LOVED it. Especially Owen. We dont get much rain so he was having a ball!



He sat and played with rain water and cups til he was soaking wet, then I was afraid he would get sick and we had 4 weeks left, no time for a sick kid!

My cousin David was a HIT. The kids loved him. He's a big kid himself so they played all day! They were sad to see him go. And I know they wore him out!

Tuesday July 5th, Hannah started her first day at zoo camp! It was a long day for her but she was so excited to go. They did alot of fun things all week. I love that she gets to do these things while we are back in town.
 That Tuesday I met my friend Kate at the pool and we were able to swim with pretty much the whole pool to ourselves. It was wonderful! I love catching up with her, we could talk for hours. It's those friendships I miss so much.
 Scuba Steve got brave and was jumping off the diving board like a pro!



They both love water and this kid loves his snorkling get up!

That week we just enjoyed days by the pool and spending time with Nana and Grammy. We had a few nights up at the pool too, it was wonderful! What I would give for a neighborhood pool. For some reason, Vegas being a super hot place, we don't have neighborhood pools. It's the strangest thing! Like, how do people stay cool here? We just hibernate from June - October :((

 So this was the FUNNIEST thing. Owen, being as observant as he is, is always watching other people and what they are doing. I also love that he doesnt have a care in the world as to what people think, he is so confident. He will play with ANYONE. He would literally start swimming with other kids at the pool and think he was part of their group just because they were jumping off the diving board too. It is adorable to watch. I hope he NEVER loses that. Hannah is more cautious and gets a little nervous about approaching people and playing with other kids but not Owen!

So one night up at the pool one of the swim team coaches was giving 3 kids private lessons. Owen was fascinated with watching them and swimming with them. They were inside the lane line and he was swimming along side it just watching the coach so closely and seeing what the kids were doing. The next thing we know, he is IN their lane, swimming with them! Doing whatever stroke they were doing, up and down the length of the pool. I kept telling him to swim outside the lane next to them but he was pretty sure he was on swim team now. The coach girl was really sweet and started calling him by name and letting him swim with them. I mean at one point he was in swimmers position all ready to jump him for his race! He probably swam the length of the pool 6 times, he was exhausted! They took a break and he came over to us and once he saw them starting again he said, Oh I gotta hurry!
It was priceless. I know the pictures dont do it justice but it was one of the funniest things I've seen him do!



My other little water bug got super comfortable with the diving board too, she's a fish!

No comments: