Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It starts with an R....and we may have one!

We may….actually have…a ROUTINE!! Well…let me re-phrase that…a night time routine! This girl still sleeps whenever & wherever during the day. But at 5 months old I can proudly say we have an average bedtime and she is starting to sleep in HER Crib! I thought I would the mother that would have her in her crib before I went back to work. But this little stinker still wakes around 5 am- so it was easier having her next to us in the bassinet. Once we started realizing she was getting super tired around 8:30 or so- we started putting her in her crib so we wouldn’t have to tiptoe around while we were getting ready for bed. So she goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 and sleeps until about 5 usually. We have had some lucky mornings where she has slept until 6, but 5 is the norm. The sad thing is- I am more tired now than when I was on maternity leave and she was waking up 2 times a night. I just can’t go back to bed after she eats around 5. I just toss and turn and I think that makes me more tired! I could get up and workout…who am I kidding?! The best thing is she goes right to sleep. I may have to put her paci in once or twice but she puts herself to sleep. It’s great! I love rocking her but I never wanted to get her used to being rocked to sleep so she now falls asleep on her own- and it’s wonderful!!
So…we have a bedtime and she is sleeping in her crib! It only took 5 months- Im still pretty proud :) She isn’t really too excited about cereal though- I thought she would love it…she really doesn’t want it. Maybe it’s the texture? We will give her a couple days and maybe she will forget!

LOVE LOVE this girl!
LOVE them :)
ready for the pool in her beach cover up!

working on sitting up!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We were the same way! We didn't have a routine until Nolan was around 6 months. And he didn't start sleeping in his room OR his crib until it was spring break because I "thought" he would have a hard time. The thing is it was harder on us than on him, he loved it! Good luck! :)a