Monday, July 12, 2010

Are we supposed to be in Virginia?

Our vacation started off EARLY & with a LONG drive to say the least! Its about an 11 hour drive to Topsail- so we left around 3:30 am figuring we'd get there right in time for check in at 3. However, when the three co-pilots fall asleep and the driver doesnt really have a clear sense of the directions- you end up in the WRONG State!! Right before we fell asleep I remember the conversation my mom and dad had- something like this- Mom- we need to take I-74 to I-77- my dad (who lost part of his hearing to radiation) says-so I-77 right? Mom says- yes. We did need to get to I-77 but we needed to get to I-74 first. So we all woke up and my dad says- Are we suppose to be in Virginia?? We all missed the interstate! So FIFTEEN hours later- we made it! Thankfully Hannah is an awesome traveler! Between bottles, naps and smiling at Alex she did an awesome job!!
We had an awesome trip. Too short- as always! But the weather was beautiful and the company was even better :) We missed Jeremy a TON so it was good to get home too! Hannah enjoyed the beach as well but loved the pool even more! We really didnt do too much- Topsail Island has grown but its no where near a Myrtle Beach. But its perfect for us. We love going. We already looked at houses for next year :)
Our drive home was almost as long as our drive there. We all made sure we had plugged the directions into our phones and gps but we got stopped in the WORST traffic!! Between I-40, I-77 and I-74 we hit standstill traffic for almost 50 miles! An RV caught on fire and put us behind almost 3 hours again! Needless to say we might not go through Virginia again!
Im hoping Jeremy got some sleep while we were gone! Hannah did pick up a new schedule in NC- which WORKS for us!! I would put her down about 8:30 or so and she would wake about 5:30 or so (then I would put her in bed with me! Hey we were on vacation!) and she would sleep til almost 7 or 7:30! We have finally gotten past her 5 am feeding! YAY!! She still loves her cereal and we will probably start vegetables this week. She is one hungry little girl :)
Jeremy painted our kitchen while we were gone- it looks GREAT! We also decided to put up some crown molding which we think will look great too! Pictures to come!
Jeremy noticed how much she had changed in one week! I know there is a tooth coming- she let us know SEVERAL times- and she is SO close to sitting up!! She sits totally by herself for awhile but tips over a couple times- she's almost got it! She became so much more vocal too. She laughs, shrieks and giggles all the time now! Sometimes she'll even just laugh at herself :) That truly is the BEST sound I have ever heard!

Here is a snapshot of Hannah's first trip to the beach!

First time in the Ocean!
Jet Skis!

This was as far as I got into the ocean!

Bikini Day!







Hangin with Gramps-Dont you love his shirt :)

1 comment:

The Templeton's said...

I love her, I love her and I love her! She is so cute I want to squeeze her and stare at that hair! Too funny! I have to see her, I guess I will for sure get to see her when she starts at Evergreen, we need to get together soon!