Sunday, July 18, 2010

every time...

every time we have Hannahs pictures taken by Amanda it makes me want to be able to take beautiful pictures- I know Ive had several posts on this but I would give anything to be able to do what she does. Her pictures are absolutely gorgeous. The angles, the colors, the way she edits them. Its a true talent. I feel like I could learn it- I just need to find the time and patience (patience is key) to sit down and really learn how to use my camera. I feel like its a great camera- its not an slr or anything but its a pretty big cannon camera. It is my GOAL to learn to take better pictures. Either that- or I am going to spend a small fortune on having someone else take her pictures of all her big milestones :) Half of the time pictures of Hannah are taken with a cell phone or one of my point and shoot cameras I have used over the years. Pictures just speak to me- for some it may be music or reading but for me its photography. I think- just like the saying- a picture is worth a thousand words. It may take me a LONG time to read those words but Im going to learn. Either that or Ive decided to start making my own headbands. Maybe one day I can have beautiful pictures of headbands....


Jeremy snapped this with his phone during her pictures- we hope amanda doesnt mind. but just look how beautiful the setting is. Amanda showed me a few while she was shooting and I wanted all of them!!

1 comment:

Bethan Flynn said...

This must be a new mom thing! I have been looking at SLR cameras all week!! I absolutely love taking pictures and would love to be able to taking some high quality pictures of Emma myself!! If I buy every picture our photographer takes we wont be able to afford her daycare :) Oh and feel free to make Emma a headband! The girl needs some that is for sure! I need to get back on that website you told me about!!!