Monday, November 15, 2010

eggs & a hand turkey

No creative name for this post- just two things to write about. This baby loves eggs. I mean LOVES. EGGS. Just like her dad. I hate eggs- unless of course they are used to make a dessert or perhaps fried rice from a Japanese restaurant. This girl eats scrambled egg whites like its her job. And well that’s about all she likes. She might eat banana pieces every once in a while but that’s it. I send everything I can think of to daycare for her. Cottage cheese, chicken pieces, green beans, fruit, stewed carrots, you name it she’s tried it and hated it. I love it- now she turns her head after she takes the first bite. Ive fixed a whole bowl of something and she hates it. That will teach me! But you give her a scrambled egg and she wont look up. Its hilarious. And also very hard because she cant live on eggs and baby food!
Ive really tried to branch out and get her trying new foods but she’s not interested. She did eat chicken and rice for dinner once but then she had the eggs. I don’t think she can go back to anything else! I need new ideas- or she will be eating baby food until she is 4.

Daycare is adamant about her eating real people food completely when she goes to the cross over room (12-18 months). Ive had a very hard time with this concept because she is still my baby! I mean they expect her to be eating with a fork at 12 months. Please show me a 12 month old who sits down for a meal with a fork and doesn’t want to chew on the end of it or throw it around (ok maybe that’s just my daughter!). So I have stressed myself out trying to get her to eat new and different things. They are making my baby grow up too fast! I mean I want her to eat food with us but I feel like they are giving her a timeline for this stuff. I just want her to be a baby…forever. HA! So I need new eating ideas or I might be hiding vegetables in eggs :)

Second- Hannah made her first daycare craft! ADORABLE! She made a hand turkey the other day- look how cute!! Her precious little chubby hand. Its hanging proudly on our fridge- one of the things I couldn’t wait for as a mother. I want to fill my fridge with hand turkeys :)

Little Miss is a crazy, wild maniac these days who is exhausting herself at daycare and sometimes crashes at 6:30. Yep- We get about 2 good hours with her. Breaks my heart. Or she is a party animal like last night and doesn’t want to go to bed until 9:30. Routine? Ha!

Here she is doing one of her favorite things!


Oh, I lied- 3 things. We had to move the gate to block the stairs completely because someone who is almost 10 months old (GASP!) found the stairs!! And successfully climbed up one entire stair. Yikes. And we thought Ruby was a handful ;)
Helping daddy move the gate. Now she just stands at the gate shaking it like, "get me outta here!" I love this girl.

No comments: