Sunday, May 1, 2011

May, Finally.

Ive never been so excited to see May. Mainly because April has been so full of rain and storms we really haven't been able to enjoy warmer temperatures. We've been stuck inside....a lot.
So...I welcome May and hopefully we will be seeing the sun and those beautiful May flowers April was suppose to bring. May is a busy busy month for us- lots of fun things to come!
This weekend we stayed in a lot- helping Hannah get over whatever it was that she had this week. (You were probably thinking it had been a while since I had blogged that she had been sick....) Well...they called me Wednesday- she had a 102.3 temp. I think I literally RAN out of work, stopped and got ibuprofen at Walgreens (didn't even want to wait until we got home) and picked her up. There she was in her teachers arms with no clothes on so she could cool off, just sobbing away. Such a sad sight. Got her in to the dr that night and ruled out ears, lungs and strep. We have no clue what it was....the nasty "V" word I'm sure (viral). So my mom stayed with her Thursday and we got a babysitter Friday. I hate not being with her when she is sick but I guess its that working mothers guilt syndrome. When I'm with her I feel guilty that I'm missing work, when I'm at work I feel guilty Im not with her. So we spent a lot of time together this weekend. I don't even have much to write about because we really didn't do much of anything.
I was lucky enough to get together with Amanda for a photography mentoring session- I loved it! Any chance I can learn from her- Ill take it! I learned a lot and things were making more sense! We got some great shots of Hannah on such a beautiful day!






aren't they sweet! Hannah was shy at first but by the time we said goodbye Hannah jumped in her arms for a hug :)

Let's hope May is DRY & Beautiful!!

2 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

I had so much fun! You did amazing and the photos you posted are so great. I need to show you one thing about posting photos the the web. The web Always decreases the sharpness. I'll show you a trick!

Maci's Mama said...

Those are really good! I'm gonna have to get with YOU for a mentoring session :) haha Hannah is so beautiful!!