Monday, September 19, 2011

birthday and a nice weekend!

today is my grandfathers 94th birthday! Yes- NINETY FOUR!! I am so thankful they are here in KY and we got to celebrate with them last night! He is such a great man, still so smart and funny. He loves when we all get together and when we can all get him out to a restaurant. We went to our favorite mexican restaurant last night and they surprised him with a very loud version of Feliz Cumpleanos with the HUGE mexican sombrero. He loved it. So did I, I loved that we were celebrating 94 years of his life.
We had a nice weekend but it was actually pretty low key. I was glad- I feel like we have been running like crazy people but we havent really been doing much more than we usually do. We got to watch U of L finally beat UK in football, we made our first fall batch of chili & enjoyed some beautiful fall weather, I took some pictures, spent time with family and celebrated my Bumpah. It was quiet and nice.

We are waiting on some house news- but Im sure nothing will come of it :( My fingers are crossed nonetheless.

Hannah is 20 months old tomorrow. OH MY! What a FUN 20 month old she is. Full of new things and talking up a storm. Some nights I cant hug the girl hard enough. So thankful she is all mine.

No comments: