Wednesday, February 13, 2013

peace

Ever since we decided to take this huge step we have questioned whether or not its right. Is it meant to be? Is it the best for our kids and our future? We dont know the answers to those questions. We will only find out the answers as the days and years pass. We did what we felt was best but we will have to live there and find out for sure. Its the unknown that creates fear. There may be less fear if it was just Jeremy and I but we are trying to do the best for all four of us. Since we made this decision in December we have been BEYOND blessed to be able to get some answers to these questions by things that have happened as we prepare for this move. We questioned if this was right for us and if we use the last 3 months as any indication then Im hoping the answer is that it is meant to be. From the moment we started this adventure things have gone so smoothly- when people ask how things are going they all say it seems as though its meant to be.
We listed the house on a Sunday- had an offer 4 days later. The negotiations went so smoothly- we even got our full asking price. I wondered who would get to live in the house we loved. The house I have such a huge attachment to. Were they a young couple who would bring their own babies home to that house? Were they older and would enjoy the quiet cul de sac? When you have such an attachment to a house its hard not to wonder who would take your place. I met the couple at the closing. Amazing people. In conversation I learned they had 4 kids. What an amazing house for a big family. I could have only dreamed about bringing home more children to that house (Of course Id just like to sleep through the night right now! ha ha!) but Im so glad they will literally fill that house with love. They were genuinely the nicest people. I was a little nervous because of all the emotion I have. But they asked about us and the move and what we did to the house and couldnt have been more interested in us. Here they are buying a new home for their family and all they talked about was us. I know deep in my heart this house was meant for them. Im so grateful this house is going to a family who, no doubt, will love it as much as we did. It truly brought me peace. I cried as I left....It was hard to hand over keys but the smiles on their faces gave me such joy. They told me to bring Hannah over if she wanted to see her house one more time before we leave. What kind hearts. As we closed on this house and opened a completely new, scary, exciting yet overwhelming adventure I feel so good about this family and their love for a home we loved and will always hold the most special place in our hearts. Its more than a big, red brick house- its the feeling we had when we walked through those doors with OUR keys. When we brought Owen home from the hospital. And all the nights we spent loving our children there.

Oh and they have a little boy named Owen....coincidence? I dont think so :)

1 comment:

erin dunn said...

I loved reading this post from you. You and Jeremy are so brave and so very faithful in what God has planned for your lives. You bring joy to the lives of those you touch and we are forever greatful. I have no doubt you comforted the new home owners as well. I'm sure it gave them great peace to know that the house they are moving into, was already a home that someone lovingly cared for.
Of course you will be so missed but of all the places in the world friends would be willing to visit, you picked a great one! :) I'm only sorry Bailey and I didn't take advantage of play date time while you were here. But we look forward to you all coming back to Kentucky and making up for lost time.
I'll be keeping you all in my prayers! Be sure and send us your address so we can keep in touch and have a fun penpal!
BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!!