Thursday, August 21, 2014

friends by choice

I dont know what it is about lately, maybe its their ages and as they get older they get closer but these two kids are not only sweet siblings but absolutely the most precious friends. It is an absolute JOY to watch. I could just sit back and watch them play and talk and share and love all day long. Now dont get me wrong, there are LOTS of moments of fighting and hitting and taking toys but these kids love eachother more than I thought they ever could at this age. I will say that I think staying home with them and because they spend so much time together has been one of the main reasons. I am so glad they dont have to be separated all day at daycare. I absolutely love watching them grow closer. Hannah is an amazing big sister. Its rare that she wont help him out or get him something he needs. She always hears him crying after a nap first and says, Lets go get him!! She cannot wait for him to come down from his nap. While I need the break sometimes, she could play with him constantly!
 She knows he has a LOVE for trucks, tractors, big equipment, so anytime she sees something like that when we are driving she ALWAYS points it out to him. Owen, look! Tractor! I love how much she cares about the things he loves.
 She loves teaching him new things!
 They couldnt wait to see eachother after Hannah's first day of school. It absolutely broke my heart when we dropped her off and somehow my car headed on auto pilot to target (ha ha!) the whole way there he pointed to her car seat crying, hannah! hannah! You could just tell he didnt understand why she wasnt with us. I know there are going to be years of Owen wanting to play with Hannah and her friends but when its just the two of them, they are so darn precious!
 Teaching him baseball. She was moving his legs and telling him how to stand. Then she followed him around with a toy camera telling him it was time for his baseball pictures!
 Jeremys been working long hours so our nights are kind of crazy. Hannah decided she wanted a picnic outside so I took their plates out there and put them on the table. I watched her through the window, she moved her plate next to his. Told him she wanted to sit by him, put her arm around him and kissed him and said, I love you Owen. I melted!
 Little did he know we were dopping her off at school again. He got to the parking lot and cried again.
 So sweet!
 She was laying out with the big girls and he came and laid next to her. This was her "Can you move him please" face!

 Finally she let him stay :)
They love getting in this basket and playing baby. She'll be the baby and then make him go get her bottles of milk. Its funny!

She truly cannot wait for him to wake up each day from a nap, most days she wants to go wake him up...um no! They can get downright mean though and fight and hit (no clue where kids learn this!) and can truly just not get along sometimes but at the end of the day the love they have for eachother can just bring me to tears. Every single night she HAS to kiss him goodnight. Which ends in her tickling him and him laughing and laughing until one of them ends up yelling. Its routine now :) but I wouldnt change it for the world. I pray every single day that they stay this close. I KNOW we have hard years to come. When little brother is bugging her and her friends but I can only pray when they outgrow that stage that they stay as close as ever. They have a solid foundation now :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This just makes me cry, it reminds me so much of my little brother! I know they'll be best friends forever :)