Monday, June 1, 2015

Busy, hot and it's almost summer!

We hit 104 here yesterday...we stayed inside most of the day. I seem to forget how hot it gets, it's like some shocking surprise when it gets over 100 and then I realize it's just the beginning. We all go into hiding! I will say, at least its not freezing winter!

We've been pretty busy lately which is nice, combining that with our super long list of house projects, we havent stopped! I have enjoyed the house projects though, we may not like doing them as we are doing them but I think Jeremy and I both realized we kind of like this stuff. We've done this to two houses and maybe it's kind of our thing :)

The kids are getting big, it's hard to watch. I can't even believe Hannah graduates pre-k on Thursday. I feel like we were just fighting over the way her uniform "felt" her at the beginning of the year. Now she's up with me at 5:30, already dressed and buzzing around like crazy. The girl DOESNT. STOP.
(I mean really?! How is she in a cap and gown!)

She's getting a hard dose of reality with "summer". Ive decided I cannot be their constant entertainment and they'll have to figure out how to be "bored". We'll see how this goes. I am excited for summer though. Not having to get up and rush out the door, we just can just do what we want. Which means with my early birds, we'll probably be at the splash pad by 7:45 each day before the universe gets up.

This summer will be great though. We have tons planned and I am just super excited to relax with the kids. Even though most days arent extremely relaxing, lets be honest here :) But I wouldnt change it. I would change the fighting though. Good lord can they fight. I tell them not to come get me unless they are bleeding or on fire. I think every parent has said that, right?!

I'll catch up on the latest!
This angel has my heart. He went through a few days of some weird sleep habits, like waking at 4:30 am WIDE awake but one early morning I got him to come back in bed with me and Hannah and sleep. Those CHEEKS!


Mothers Day my sweet girl helped me with pancakes. We actually stayed home and worked on the house the ENTIRE day but we spent Saturday as a fun family day so that was good. I enjoyed getting alot done!

I mean, why does she look so big! And do you see the hand holding?! They DO Love eachother!!

We had a yard sale a few weeks ago which was good timing to get rid of some things. We did pretty good. She was all about it at 7 am, until she realized it was boring!

This SWEET angel is potty training, and potty training AWESOME. So many people told me boys were harder than girls, not in the case. Actually, Owen has been easier at pretty much everything. Getting rid of the paci was a breeze with him and he is really getting this potty training thing down. He's only had a few accidents and those have all been at home. When we go out he does awesome in underwear and going in public bathrooms. He does spend ALOT of time naked lol must be a boy thing!!! So proud of him. I guess he CAN go to preschool! :))


 He is so funny and those EYES! I see so many similarities between him and Hannah. They are both extremely funny and crazy. They are alot alike, minus the strong willed personality she has!!

 A little fun at Springs Preserve!
Love them!
 We spend alot of time at Lowes now and he HAD to carry this bucket around. Then we got a little drum show in the middle of the paint!

 So big!

I LOVE his morning bed head. When he comes downstairs and still crawls right into my lap. Oh I love it.

 The kids love the backyard and the space and spraying eachother down with water. POOR Owen can you believe this. I told them to go get their bathing suits on ha ha ha. This is great black mail!!



First shopping outing in underwear, so proud of him!

 Early morning at the splash pad!

Owen and I went to Hannah's school for her ice cream party on Friday, Owen got to join for circle time. I know he cant wait to start preschool!
 Friday night we had Hannah's school, Lamb of God, their family picnic at a park right by us and I got these adorable pictures of her. She's so beautiful, I just want her to stay so young and innocent forever. This was the start of our super busy weekend! We were so tired from the week we thought we'd just stay for an hour or so but Hannah found a friend and literally ran with he for almost 3 hours!

 These two. Such a mess!

Saturday morning was Hananh's bowling date with her best friend at school Hannah (yes, two Hannahs and they are both named Hannah Elizabeth. How funny!!) These two are inseperable. Im so thankful they have eachother. We have actually started taking swim lessons at Hannah R's house and have had several play dates. 
 So at the Lamb of God auction, Hannah R's parents bid the teacher/student item where the student gets bowling and lunch with Ms Barney and Ms Charlene. And since they won it, they got to invite a friend and Hannah picked Hannah. Our Hannah was so excited!
 Her teachers have been so amazing this year, I cant even thank them enough.
 Bowling, pizza, cookies, milkshakes. Happy girls!

 Jeremy and I went to grab lunch while we waited for them and Owen fell asleep in Jeremy's lap. It was seriously the quietest meal we've had in AGES. Not sure we even knew how to talk to eachother without kids around ha ha.
That night we had a birthday party at a play place, the kids were happy to run around crazy. Im not sure how they function, they must suck the energy out of us!

Sunday we had another birthday party which was nice. Im so thankful we're making more friends and really having more to do. It's taken 2 years but we're getting there :) We came home and even though we wanted to crash, we have to get this bathroom DONE. We've been living among dust and kids bath toys for too long!!!

We have alot coming up and a great summer planned. I don't want to rush it but it's going to be fun!!!

1 comment:

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

LOVE the Hannah , Hannah, and teachers picture. And the SLOT MACHINES in the background!!!!! Only in VEGAS!