Saturday, February 4, 2017

Snow trip!

We are lucky to be a short 25 minute drive from Mt. Charleston, so when "winter" rolls around we like to make as many trips up there as we can! Over the year I collect all the best snow clothes I can for the kids so we don't have freezing, wet, crying kids! (well we get those anyways ha ha!) We have good boots, snow bibs, gloves, hats, etc. We are ready! 

Our first attempt was cut short due to freezing rain, it was SO wet. There was snow but the rain was not fun. So we pulled over and the kids got out to play in the snow for a few minutes. Jeremy is a trooper and they all played soaking wet for about 45 minutes! I stayed warm in the car with Beau :) 


 they were soaked but lasted longer than I thought!

Our next trip was great, it was crystal clear skies, and they had just gotten a good amount of snow. We have the perfect little spot, they have heated bathrooms, and hot chocolate! 

 SO gorgeous!

 Beau was nice and warm in the Ergo!

 Owen climbed to the top of this pile of snow and told me he was going to go over the other side. I said, if you go over that, I cannot come help you. The snow was easily 18 in deep and and I had Beau on me. Sure enough he goes over and I hear him yell for me, My boot fell off!! Of course!!







 warm in the car!
Hoping to make it up there a few more times!

No comments: