Monday, May 24, 2010

4 month check up!

We had Hannah's four month appt today- everything looks great! Except her darn stuffy nose but thats another issue! She was 16 pds 4 oz and 24.5 iches long. She is in the 97th percentile for weight...she has pretty much been above 90 her whole life :) she just loves to eat! Everything looked right on track, she is laughing and smiling like she should be and was SUPER happy during the whole appt...except when the shot lady came in. She handled it pretty well...and by she- I mean me...and so did Hannah :) We always have a bottle ready which helps her quickly forget about the pain!
She is sleeping ok right now- averages about 6 hours at a time and 8 or 9 if we are lucky! She was doing so good but then she got that cold and that stuffy nose and she just could not sleep through the night with that nose. So she would wake because she couldnt breathe and then remember she was STARVING! But she slept 9 straight hours last night so Im hoping her nose is better and she is maybe getting into more of a routine. Madalyn has been coming to our house to babysit for the past week and it has been GREAT! For both of us! I dont have the daycare drive in the morning and it saves me SO much time. In about 2 1/2 weeks my mom will start watching her. I just love that she is getting one on one attention. Madalyn is great and loves reading to her and taking her on walks...Im so jealous ;)
Hannah has changed so much in just a month. I have found one of the things I love the MOST about Hannah- is watching her learn how to use her hands. I know its kind of a weird thing to love but I could just watch her move her hands all day long. I love watching her slowly bring them to her mouth- and I especially get a good laugh when she slowly brings them to her mouth but misses because she doesnt quite get where everything is! Its incredible watching a little baby learn where everything is and how it all works.
She is so active now- she doesnt love cuddling anymore-unless she is super tired. So sad! That happened so fast! She loves seeing everything and watching everyone. I think she even notices Ruby now- of course, how can you not!?! She loves her excersaucer- she still likes her mat but she loves standing and moving around. She is such a calm- sweet- good natured baby. She only fusses if she is hungry or tired. So many people comment- is she always this good? And for the most part, she really is. She just lights up when anyone smiles or talks to her. Sometimes Ill just catch her smiling at nothing- and I cant help but smile!
She rolled from her tummy to her back yesterday- which I was so excited about! Its just the beginning- I know once she starts moving she wont stop!
We are really trying to start a routine. Its taken us 4 months to even try to start one. I dont believe in the theories of only feeding babies at certain times to create structure. Poor babies need to eat and sleep when they want. Thats probably why we dont have a routine! The doctor says babies who sleep 6 hours at a time at this age is great...thats ok with us. We are used to getting up anyways :)
The doctor talked about when to start food and told us to look for cues. He says babies will start opening their mouths when their parents eat as a sign that they are ready. Isnt that so cute! I cant wait until she starts doing that! Other signs are babies who can almost sit up and babies that will lean in for food if you put it to their mouth. I know Hannah will give us the sign when she is ready- Im in no hurry! Of course the way she eats, I think she would lean in for a bite of steak :)
Overall- I cant complain! We have such a sweet and most important- HEALTHY baby. I just love this girl more everyday. I absolutely love the family we have created (yes- even Ruby!). We have a BUSY weekend coming up and I am looking forward to it. We have been so busy lately I cant wait to have nothing on our schedule- except the pool, the zoo, a cookout and a baseball game! Lots of firsts for H this weekend!


No comments: