Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter weekend

We had such a nice weekend- never long enough but we got to see all of our family so that was great!
Saturday we headed down to Owensboro to celebrate Jeremy's sisters wedding shower. Kim and Daren are getting married in May and we can't wait! it was so nice to visit but we didn't get to stay too long because we had to head back early to beat the huge storms that were moving in.

The happy couple!

Jeremy's course practically flooded so he had to get up early Easter morning and go to work :( We waited to give Hannah her Easter basket until he got home. She loved it! I should have just given her a basket full of plastic eggs because she spent forever opening and closing them. Then Jeremy filled them with yogurt melts and that kept her busy for a while longer :)
I loved shopping for her Easter basket- it felt like Christmas again. HA! Maybe I filled it with shoes and clothes because she cant eat candy yet? Nevertheless it was an excuse to buy her all kinds of things. I cant ever resist buying her stuff- I just love it! I do have a shopping problem for her! But I have two good excuses- what if she is my only girl? I have to spoil her rotten with pink! And two- if we have more girls then we will have plenty of hand-me-downs :)
Sunday we headed to my parents house for a big Easter dinner- my mom sure knows how to prepare a feast for us- especially when we are all in town celebrating something. There were 11 of us and we had SOOO much fun! We LOVED having Grammy and Bumpah over for their first holiday as KY residents! Its just such a great feeling knowing they are right down the street. Grammy was so worried we wouldn't be able to get Bumpahs wheelchair up two steps into the kitchen but my dad and Jeremy made a ramp that worked perfectly! That just means we have an easier way to get them over for all of the fun little get-togethers we have! Hannah was spoiled with all kinds of Easter gifts- my mom even wrapped all her gifts to Hannah- so it really was like Christmas :)
I tried to get some Easter pictures of her but she wasnt having it! We may just have to dress her up another day....maybe one that isnt so rainy?



More interested in the plastic eggs!


someone got a tent! and loves it!

No naps on Easter make a baby tired!





my mom put these at our place settings- that was me- Easter 1985
The famous Bunny Cake my Grammy always made- Lindsay requested it for this year so she made it!

Happy Easter to all!

No comments: