Monday, October 29, 2012

Lovely long weekend!!

I started this weekend off right by taking Friday off! Such a good decision :) Thankfully since we have half day Fridays every other week, I can take a half day of vacation and get the whole day off! Thursday night we took the kids to Trick or Treating at the Zoo- we met the Flynn's there and the girls were too cute in their costumes. Not to mention the little sugar high they both had! Mainly because everytime they got candy they wanted it opened right then- funny girls! Owen was such a trooper too!

She wanted to be a ghost so we made it happen! And she has a pretty scary boo!

Sweet little skeleton!

Love Sunday morning breakfast- waffles with strawberries & whip cream!

He is seriously delicious!

Working on sitting up!

Friday Jeremy took the kids to school which is such a huge help! He is officially the guy in the jeep with TWO carseats :) Im sure he feels pretty cool pulling up to daycare in his soccer dad jeep! After they left I told myself I would lay back down for a little bit then get up and get the day started. I had errands to run and plans to organize my craft room (its a small disaster area!). But when I woke up- it was ELEVEN!! Yes you read that right, almost noon! I cant even tell you the last time that happened. Maybe college? I mean seriously. I woke up almost panicked because I had no idea what was going on! Lol! It was just a weird feeling- then I was kinda bummed that I had wasted my morning. But I guess I really needed it- the sleepless nights were catching up with me!! Jeremy spent Friday at Keeneland betting some horses and won some money! I was glad about that- that never happens!
Saturday morning we took Owen to the dr for this awful rash on his neck. Its been there for a month and after thinking it was just moisture from milk and drool we thought it was time to be seen. We got some awesome cream for it and literally in 24 hours its pretty much gone. Im going to hang on to that stuff! And that BIG BOY gained one pound in 2.5 weeks. Solid boy who loves to eat!
That night we carved pumpkins, made a delicious dinner (we cooked steaks in the oven- Pinterest inspired of course! This might be how we cook steaks from now on) and enjoyed some family time watching one of Hannah's "movies".
She was hilarious this weekend- she has been VERY in to Flashcards lately. She loves quizzing us!! I just absolutely love watching that sweet little girl learn. It makes me so proud. Not only does she love flashcards but also the book of the weekend was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Obsessed. And she tries doing the alphabet in sign language as she is reading it. Makes my heart smile to watch her. She grabbed one of Jeremy's books (pretty sure it was about Mickey Mantle) but she makes up her own stories. I love watching her imagination grow. At one point she was saying, "God is great, God is good, Amen." Then she was talking about God opening the gates and then moved on to how Owen needed to go to bed but Hannah didnt. Ive noticed lately how grown up she has gotten. There is such a HUGE difference between 2 and 3. Its amazing. The stuff she says, how she acts, how she can be so helpful (but then so not!) but overall she is just growing up before my eyes!!
Fingers crossed we MIGHT be on the right track getting Owen back to sleeping through the night. Well, at least not having to wake to eat. The dr assured us at his appointment that he is clearly getting plenty to eat and has now just gotten so used to waking to eat that it might take a couple of rough nights but he CAN get through the night without eating. So all day Saturday we just fed and fed and fed him. Sounds bad but he needs to get plenty of ounces during the day so that he doesnt need them at night. I think I only fed him a couple times for a very short period of time just to get him back to sleep. Then last night I just basically held him all night but he didnt eat once! That is a huge accomplishment!! I definitely feel a little more rested not having to feed him all night. We shall see how this goes!
LONG week ahead but it is Halloween week! I am going to help with Hannah's class party on Wednesday- Im looking forward to it!

No comments: