Monday, January 7, 2013

It's not home, but it's not bad

This is a picture Jeremy posted on FB the other day with the caption "It's not home, but its not bad".

I just really loved that because its so true. Its not home. Home is where all the people we love are but I also dont think its going to be bad either. Not with a view like that! Home is where the heart is and as hard as it is, we will be leaving our home. But we will never lose the love we have for everyone here. We know everyone is a phone call, text, or social media outlet away! We are so thankful for technology and how much we will get to see everyone over FaceTime or Snipe (as my dad calls it!). My dad was so thoughtful and so generous to buy all of us kids iPads for Christmas. This way we have no reason to not chat over FaceTime at least once a week or MORE! I know we will be FaceTiming everyone- they might get sick of us :)
Jeremy has settled in out west and is enjoying his new course. He has such a great crew that he deserves the break he is getting. Before he was the one dealing with irrigation problems and standing in trenches but he finally deserves the chance to sit back and make big picture decisions. I am so proud of him. I know he will do great! He misses us so much but we miss him so much too. Im sure he misses the crazy chaos! Ha ha!
This past week has been a whirlwind to say the least. We packed the house up this weekend and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Really we just packed up and moved out. It was pretty clean but we just needed to get it ready to put on the market. We have moved back in at my parents house (Im not sure if their house will every be empty!) but we needed to do this because there is no way I could have kept the house in any sort of order for house showings. And Im so glad we moved out because we have had a HUGE response to our house listing. It was listed Sunday night and we have 9 scheduled showings this week- 3 just yesterday and 3 today. Praying we get something out of at least one of those. We love that home and really hope it goes to a family who loves it like we do. Its hard to leave the home you started raising your children in. We will always have great memories!
We had Owen's tube surgery yesterday and I am thankful we can cross that off the list! He did awesome and although he was pretty fussy and disoriented coming out of surgery he made up for it with a 4 hour nap. I think I ran out of things to do! Ha ha! I kept waiting for him to wake up so I never napped but I enjoyed snuggling with him! Hoping these provide him the relief he needed!
Hannah is turning 3 in a few weeks and that has just snuck up on me too! Jeremy is coming home that weekend and we CANNOT WAIT! So thankful he gets to be home for her birthday. I know its been hard for him to leave the kids but I send plenty of pictures and videos. Even a recent video of Hannah throwing a fit over cheese. I just wanted him to feel at home :)

This post is completely long and random but I feel like I havent been good at posting lately. I just really havent had a minute to sit and write whats going on. Actually during Owen's nap yesterday I wrote a big long blog post but didnt save it and lost it. I was so bummed that I didnt even feel like writing it again.

Thank you everyone for the texts, messages, calls and help you have given us to get us through this time. Its overwhelming and emotional and we couldnt do it without the listening ear of our families and friends. We love you all.

Hopefully I will get an 8 month post on our little man soon...he is changing so quickly its unreal!! Almost crawling, saying da da and growing too fast!

So happy after tubes & a long nap!

It's officially for sale!

Ready for tubes!!

Stalling before bedtime!

No comments: