Thursday, April 25, 2013

I hate the dmv

i know its not a nice title but GAH- seriously. Does anyone ever have a good experience there? Do any of the employees actually like their jobs? We are working hard to get all our stuff changed over- Monday it was new auto insurance which is DOUBLE the price here in LV for less coverage. Awesomeness. And we went to the DMV today to get our new licenses and what do you know, I bring EVERY single form of identification known to man- both of my social security cards, my passport, birth cert, marriage license, etc, etc etc. And it still wasnt enough. I didnt have the original marriage license. Now I realize this is serious business but for REAL??? It was a certified copy. Pretty sure I didnt make that crap up in a word document. (Not that my marriage license is crap, ha ha) but geez I was so frustrated. I just started crying. I broke down. I HATE doing all these dumb things, I hate not ever knowing where the heck I am going, I am sick of google maps always telling me to take a darn u-turn, and blah blah blah. Sorry to vent. But I have a few choice words about the illegal people they are letting into this country and I bring 18 pieces of ID and I cant get a new license. Oh well, Ill just take my sweet time cause Im not going back there any time soon. Oh and I miss the old DMV right behind McDonalds that has like 8 chairs to wait. This place seriously had about 30 windows/tellers (whatever you call them) and like 150 chairs in the middle. So when I get around to finding my original marriage cert Ill head back over there. But in the mean time Ill just wander around this city listening to some lady tell me to take 8 u-turns. Which are legal here, but still.

Sorry for that.

On a different note- we are taking Hannah to see Disney on Ice tonight. I might be more excited than her :) We told her last night we were taking her to see ice skating with Disney characters and that we expected her to be a good listener, and there was no crying, etc. (You always have to prepare Hannah. We find that after talking her through things you get better results). Then she says, "I cant do that". I laughed to myself cause I figured she meant she couldnt listen or not cry. I said, you cant do what? She said, I cant do ice skating. Ha ha ha! Sweet girl, you wont be the one ice skating :)

I really hope she has fun- we are all going so lets hope Owen sits still too!

No comments: