Tuesday, October 15, 2013

KY and CA trip comes to an end!

We had a great trip home. It was so busy most days I didnt know if I was coming or going. We got to see as many people as possible and spend alot of time with family and friends. But 8 days isnt enough to get it all squeezed in!
lets start from the beginning...I flew alone with the kids for the first time. I had more snacks then you could even imagine. I always worry about the kids getting hungry. Clearly, they dont starve. But hungry kids dont make for happy kids :) We got there early so they could run around the airport and get out all of their energy before the 3.5 hour flight. Thankfully the flight wasnt full. We had 3 seats to ourselves which was a HUGE blessing. Owen and Hannah could move around, sit on the floor, sit on the arm rests, you know all the things kids do while trapped on airplanes. I assumed Owen would nap for most of it...I was dead wrong. Neither of them slept. We had three trips to the bathroom and thankfully the nice women around us helped me with Owen while I took H to the bathroom... I mean really, where could they go with him? :) But we made it and it felt so good to be home!!

I forgot I scheduled ENT appointments early Wednesday morning so I took the kids to get their ears checked then I took Hannah to my moms school. That really is Hannah's happy place. She LOVES being there. She even did some of the kindergartners work!
 Backtracking for a minute-The night before we left was Jeremy's birthday. We celebrated with a dinner out...alone! Our neighbors were so sweet to watch the kids so we had a quiet dinner alone. Sometimes I dont think we know what to do when we get to do things by ourselves. It was nice! Then we came back and shared birthday cake with them and celebrated Jeremy turning 33!
Wednesday night we had family over for dinner to celebrate our homecoming- always so great to feel like you pick up right where you leave off!

Thursday I drove the kids to meet Jeremy's family so they could spend some time with the kids while we were in town. Its nice that it works out so we can do that. They celebrated Nana's birthday too!
As soon as I got back in town I went to see my sweet friend Kate and hold her sweet baby girl Avery for as long as I possibly could!! :) I sure do love some newborns!!



Love catching up with her. She means so much to me its hard to be away!!

That night my mom and I did the thing we miss on a daily basis. Shopping, grabbing dinner, pedicures, it was GREAT mother/daughter time!!

Friday the wedding festivities began! We had brunch at one of my favorite Louisville restaurants, The Village Anchor- then a couple hours to rest and then headed to the rehearsal dinner. It was such a fun day!
Saturday was wedding day- it was so much fun!! Fun to just hang out with girls and talk about old times. Most of these girls I went to Western with. SO hard to believe that was 10 years ago. Doesnt feel like it!! We had lots of memories to talk about :)
 LOVED seeing Emily too. She's one of my oldest friends- and just sweet and beautiful!
I dont have too many pics from the wedding but here I am with the bride! It literally rained almost all day....but it was still beautiful!!

That afternoon Jeremys mom brought the kids back to my parents house and my mom invited Jeremy's niece Jacey to stay and spend more time with the kids- they all enjoyed it!!



 It was great to spend the extra time with her!
The rest of the trip was spent with family and friends enjoying all the people we've missed so much!!
 We got Hannah into the dentist while we were there too- not pleasant but she has great teeth :)
 Elise- Alex's girlfriend is one of the sweetest people Ive ever met. She LOVES the kids and while we drove Jacey to meet Kim they watched Owen. They took him to the park and got the cutest pictures!
 Wont they be the sweetest parents! :)

 Pierce came by for a visit too- I always love seeing Pierce and Courtney. We miss them!!

2 of my favorite boys!!

After a very quick trip we boarded another plane at 6:45 in the morning and THANKFULLY the kids fell right asleep. Hannahd and my mom slept for 2.5 hours and Owen slept for probably just over two hours. We stopped in Phoenix and boarded another short plane ride home. That whole day and night was basically spent unpacking and re-packing for California the next day!
 My airplane sleepers!


We had planned on driving to California and then we were going to have Jeremy fly to meet us and then we would all drive back to LV together. When I went to book his ticket I saw that tickets were $59! Such a no brainer- it was easier and probably cheaper to just have the 4 of us fly and have Jeremy meet us. Maybe not cheaper- but WAY easier!! By this time we were all sick of airports and airplanes but so worth it. A 50 minute flight literally feels like nothing by the time they bring you a drink. It wasnt a full flight so after Hannah and Owen were picking at eachother and bugging eachother (too much time on an airplane!) my mom and Hannah moved to their own row and it was easy from there. We landed in California for our next leg of the trip!
 Not ready to board another plane!
 We spent the day hanging out and catching up. Now that we live in LV we see the Knapps more than they probably want- ha ha. Just kidding! They are so good to us and the kids we love going there. Hannah talks about Kelly constantly :)
 They love their dog Bella!
Friday was the big trip to Disneyland! I was probably more excited than Hannah. I have the BEST memories of Disney growing up. Since it was only about 30 minutes from where we lived in California we went often. I remember my mom and dad surprising us on school days that we werent going to school, we were going to Disney instead! I remember my dad being as big of a kid as we were going on rides. We would stay til they closed and the lines were short. We would ride our favorite rides and get off and then RUN through the lines and ride them again. I wanted Hannah to have just as much fun! She did AWESOME. She loved it. Her favorites were the teacups and haunted mansion. I was almost sick on the teacups but she just kept spinning and laughing! She also loved Haunted Mansion- she laughed hysterically the whole way through! Not a huge fan of Pirates but it does have a good drop and its pretty dark. She loved seeing minnie and really enjoyed Toon Town. Overall it was a great day. Im SO glad Jeremy was able to come too!
 On the tram over to Disney- ready to start the day!

 Minnie!!
 Best buds! :)



 Can you tell she LOVED the teacups!! Just like me with my arms up!


SO Happy!!
Ha Ha, can you tell who else is SO excited to be at Disney. Splash Mountain is my favorite ride that no one will ride with me because it gets you soaking wet but I LOVE it. I was soaked and in the front seat- it was great!
Owen stayed home with Maureen so we didnt have to worry about him getting fussy, tired or bored and it looks like he was up to no good!! Cookie anyone?!?

Saturday we did a little shopping and we were going to leave that afternoon but they had an extra ticket to the UCLA game which is played in the Rose Bowl and Jeremy really wanted to go. It was worth staying one more night and getting up super early on Sunday so my mom could be back in time to re-pack and fly home. He had a great time and Im so glad he was able to go!!

Its always hard saying goodbye. Like my mom said, If there wasnt so much love, it wouldnt hurt so bad. Even Hannah was pretty emotional when my mom left which really had me crying. She's starting to understand when people leave. She does great getting back into her routine though. It was a great trip- short, sweet but filled with memories!!


No comments: