Sunday, November 9, 2014

My babies

Sometimes I like to do a little "recap" of Hannah and Owen at certain ages. After all, Im pretty sure I only completed half of Owens baby book (sorry little man!) but this blog (for all four of you readers!) is really to capture a little snapshot of our lives. For the kids to look back and have a great detailed log of our days together. I have actually had two blog books printed, I have several more I need to do! But at almost 5 (gasp!) and 2.5 (TODAY!) I could not be more thankful or proud of the little beings they have become. There are days I am pretty darn close to pulling my hair out. There are days Im pretty sure Ive screwed them up forever, days that I could have 10 more babies and days that I know for sure I dont want anymore ;) but I am so thankful God chose US to be their parents. I find myself staring at Owen ALOT and just watching his chubby hands and little mouth and big front teeth. Maybe its because he is probably our last and I will never get to change size one diapers again, or get to go through all those amazing baby stages so to know thats over makes me want to keep him 2 forever. And Jeremy and I both agree, Owen is a much easier two than Hannah was, but Im pretty sure we have alot of little boy headaches coming our way :)

Hannah- 4 turning 5 in 2 months!

I am in AWE of how smart this girl is. How much she LOVES to learn. How observant she is, how many things she picks up on so quickly. She is me made over. When I was her age I loved pretending to teach school and made everyone sit and go to school with me. She does the same with me. She loves to write, she loves her letters and is always asking me how to spell words. She is one of those kids that thrives in a school setting. She loves her school right now and her teacher told me how wonderful she was. That makes me proud!

She is as strong willed as they get. My mom told me that was going to pay off...but its going to be a Loonnnngggg road! She is determined, headstrong, and extremely stubborn. All things that make a good president or CEO, right?!

She still has a little speech impediment and still cant really say her Rs or Ls extremely well. I am not worried about it and LOVE hearing her say some of the words she doesnt say right. I dont always correct her because lets face it, Gamote instead of Remote is adorable :)
A few others, Yellow is lellow. Things is "sings" (she has trouble with Th) one time she called a unicorn a unihorse (which is actually pretty smart!)
I just love her little sayings, lets me know she is still young :)

She is still extremely sensory driven which can cause some issues but it is getting better. I mean remember when I was warming her clothes in the dryer because they were too cold?!?! (yes that happened when she was 2!) But we are getting better. Clothes still bother her, things dont fit right or they itch or they are too tight. But we are making progress, I mean, I got her hair into braids!! We've come a long way from when I couldnt even brush it! She goes through phases where she doesnt like leggings and now she will only wear leggings. She wont wear pajama pants, only t-shirts to bed. She will NOT use a blanket in her bed. She'd rather freeze! She is always hot and HAS to have the air blowing on her full blast in the car. She wont wear her uniform until we get to school. We literally travel to school in her underwear and a shirt and I get her dressed in the parking lot! I should probably put my foot down but I choose my battles!
I can only hope we grow out of this sensory thing soon!!

She is the energizer bunny! She can go and go and go and go. For hours and doesnt stop. Its unreal. We dont understand where they get all this energy! No naps for her and she could play with friends 24/7. Im not as cool as I once was so she would rather play with friends :)


She is a true lover. She loves friends, her family and really cares about people. She is very concerned about Owen and always making sure he is ok. But then she can be extremely rough with him! At least he fights back I guess!

She is a rule follower for the most part (especially for others!). We really like to talk about right and wrong and really want her to know things that we accept and dont. It doesnt always work but we just want to build a strong foundation for following the rules! (Im scared to death to have teenagers!)

She's been praying at dinner and its extremely endearing to listen to her. She thanks God for the food on the table, her family, her friends, her toys and her TV shows....hahaha. But Im so proud of her. She can also recite the pledge of allegiance and John 3:16. Its amazing to hear a 4 year old recite those things. Extremely heartwarming.

No matter how hard my days are with her sometimes I want to savor every moment. Its already flown by and will continue to do so. When we get frustrated that we never get time for ourselves or cant even get through a conversation at dinner, these times wont last forever. In no time, Jeremy and I will be having dinner alone wishing for the loud, crazy chatter!

She is quite a picky eater. She'll sit down to dinner and before we even start to eat she tells me she doesnt like what we are eating. Its a struggle to get them to eat anything, I dont ever want to take any of these times for granted but meal time is ALWAYS a challenge and always leads to tears or hungry kids :/

She is awesome at sports and very active. I LOVE that she loves baseball and I love that she is good at it. Watching her play sports has been a HUGE joy. She'll be great at whatever she puts her mind to!

I am forever thankful for a daughter. The nights she is yelling out me while Im brushing her tangly hair, I remind myself how thankful I am that I get to brush my daughters hair. That I get to put her in dresses (sometimes) and have shopping dates with her. I pray we are friends forever! Except that Im not cool anymore!
Yesterday I was helping her find something for "show and share" at school. I suggested something to her and she said, "No thank you, I want to pick something cool." Wow! It didnt take long but at least she was polite :)

Owen- 2.5!

This little boy has completely stolen my heart. Boys are something special and even though he is all boy I could literally squeeze that kid all day long. I am forever thankful to have one of each. 

He is crazy. Thats it. Jeremy and I always look at eachother and say, how did he get so crazy?!? Both of them have so much energy and truly just play non stop. He really can keep up with her but then crashes for nap and bed time.

He is a great sleeper. I guess because he is the tiny tornado he does crash. He naps from about 1-4:30 and sleeps from about 8:15 to usually 7. Some days he cries when he wakes and sometimes we go in to get him and he is just laying in there reading a book. I LOVE getting him out of bed. One of the only times of day that he is still and warm and cuddly. I cherish those moments because before I know it he wont ever sit in my lap.

 His talking is adorable. The way he says Hannah just melts my hearts. He will repeat anything you ask him to. Most of his sentences are broken, yet adorable. If I say, Owen do you want to go to the park? He'll say, Yes park Owen, park Yes, Owen. Owen, do you want to go to bed? No, Owen Bed. Bed Owen No! I love his little voice. I love when he makes up crazy talk and I cant understand a thing he says. When he counts he says, 1,2,3,4...9. And he is really proud :)

The kid LOVES trucks. Loves them. He is obsessed. Its good there is lots of construction in our area because there are trucks everywhere. The sweetest is when he doesnt realize there is a truck and Hannah points it out for him. "Owen, look over there, there's a truck!" He gets so excited.

I love his chunky legs, how he smells in the morning and how he looks in footed jammies. I love his crazy hair. Jeremy says he needs a haircut but its so cute and I refuse to cut it. It gets curly when he gets hot and sweaty. Its precious.

He's pretty darn smart and sadly, can work an iphone, ipad or netflix remote like a 4 year old. Its pretty impressive. We really limit their use but the kid loves it!

He is pretty relaxed and laid back. He is my little shopping buddy and really, when you have just Owen he is really easy.

They both love to play outside and could play out there for hours. They are so fun to watch together (when they're getting along!) and have an amazing relationship. I am so thankful they have been able to grow this bond. I know being here isnt ideal sometimes but they never would have grown this close and spent so much time together if I had not been able to stay home.



They are the best part of our days and I LOVE watching them grow. Getting older comes with its own challenges but praying we are doing the right thing to raise them right :)





1 comment:

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

Dear Hannah and Owen,
You have the BEST parents anyone could ever ask for! Your momma and daddy love you both so much t hurts. They breathe in every joy and every sorrow and every hurt and fit. They work hard to make everyday count. The love and bond you have with each other makes their hearts full. You are so loved and cherished by all of your family across the miles. This blog helps all of us share in the joys that are truly YOU both, everyday across all of these miles. You really only know the depth of this kind of love when you become a parent. Thank you Elizabeth and Jeremy for raising these two loves of our lives AND for recording it all!
Love you four, Granmommy