Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Vacation! Part 1

Whew, being gone for almost 3 weeks was definitely awesome but I have a ton of pictures and happenings so this will be in parts :) We had a blast. We saw all our family and that was priceless. I didnt really like spending Christmas without family last year so I was so glad we had as much time as we did! It was CRAZY and we didnt stop but the kids were troopers, they really were awesome! There were so many times that I had to stop and just be so thankful that I had the time. I know living in Las Vegas isn't ideal (Im ready to GO!) but being able to stay home and make our own schedule seriously has been amazing. I love knowing that we can just stay somewhere for 3 weeks if wanted or needed to. Now when she starts kindergarten next year.....Im already a little bummed. Can't she just stay little forever?!

 Flying is ALWAYS fun with kids (can you sense the sarcasm?!!) especially when Owen took off RUNNING in the airport. I let him go for a few seconds thinking he'd be right back. Nope...I was in a dead sprint after him!

So I flew into Louisville with the kids on Tuesday evening, why I booked that flight alone without Jeremy, I don't even remember. I must have had a good reason, I like to avoid flying alone when possible! That next day Hannah AND Owen went to school with my mom. Its funny how big Owen is getting, its like he has a mind of his own or something :) She was having her class party so they were in heaven! I picked Owen up a little early to attempt a nap. That didnt go so well, Im pretty sure he didnt nap most of the time we were gone but thankfully he is mostly back to his routine. Then we visited my Grammy and Nana and later that night I picked Jeremy up from the airport. That next morning we set out for our trip to Owensboro to spend an early Christmas with Jeremy's family. It was so nice to have the time there and watch the kids play. I know Hannah loves looking up to Jacey, its so sweet.We had a great time, always too short but so nice!



We had a fun pre Christmas with them!

We headed back to Louisville on Saturday, we got ready and headed to my Grammys house for Christmas with her. She moved into a new place since my Bumpah moved into skilled nursing and her place was adorable. And she has a new kitty named Juniper, the kids LOVED her. Owen may or may not have tortured her with cat toys ha ha She had a great little Christmas set up and we had alot of fun and laughs. I was sad that we didn't get to see everyone for very long but it was better than being here!






 97 and still looking good!! he is so sweet.
That next morning we squeezed in a great breakfast with old friends. We've all grown with our families and we love getting them together. It was too short but great we got it in!





 We got home, loaded up the car and hit the road! I am thinking back on all these fun memories and just want to do it all again. We had a blast! We planned to stop that night at a hotel near Asheville, NC, about halfway. To eat, let the kids swim and just break it up so we werent driving for 10 straight hours with the babes! Im glad we did. We found some yummy mexican food, even found a park that had a light display and got to swim. We crashed and got up early to hit the road again! about 4.5 hours the next day we made it to the BEACH HOUSE!!!
Every single minute of our trip to KY was packed. Not really one second of down time but well worth the running around!


No comments: