Saturday, January 31, 2015

She's FIVE!!

I have no idea how it's possible but she is FIVE! (five going on fifteen!) But really, I know its cliche and time really does fly but this little girl who made us parents is almost a kindergartner! It's unreal. We had a great time celebrating her birthday, I will have to catch up on that but I just wanted to post a little about Hannah at 5!

She is as intense and strong willed as EVER before! I KNOW she'll do big things. She has the drive and desire and determination when she puts her mind to something. Having a strong willed child tests my patience daily but I have come a long way! She certainly has taught me alot!

She LOVES her brother. Like obsessed with him. She cant wait to go get him out of his crib in the morning and cant keep her hands off of him. They are extremely physical. They wrestle alot and its at the point where we can't really stop it. We say, when one of you cries, you both go to your room! I guess it gets the energy out. She is always thinking about him. The other day at school she got to pick something from the "big giant jar" for winning Bingo and she picked a ring and then asked Ms. Barney if she had another one for her brother. Ms. Barney told me how thoughtful Hannah is. It melted my heart. She is always sad when Owen and I get to go to the store while she is at school, she wants to be with us. If we get something at the store for her, she always grabs one for Owen. Its really is amazing watching siblings together.



She loves to read, loves to play school, loves to "teach" and loves to learn. We play school for about 2 hours everyday when she gets home. I am always the student and rarely have the right answers ha ha. She gets out all her teaching stuff and quizzes me daily. It's the first thing she does when she wakes up. I was just like this. I taught all the neighborhood school kids and probably gave them too much homework :) I am so thankful she loves learning and loves school. Kindergarten will be tough on me but I know she'll do great, she is going to be my smart, school loving girl!

She has a really hard time sleeping without me. I read with her and lay with her until she falls asleep and most of the time I fall asleep with her. IF I manage to sneak out before falling asleep, she always comes and gets me or yells out for me. She always says, "cuddle me Mommy". I know one day she wont want me in her room so Im not going to complain about it now. I will enjoy the night time talks, asking about her day, having a quiet time without TV or Owen screaming and listening to her heart. We read, we talk and we cuddle, I will take it!

She has always been intense and LOVES to play. The girl can play 24/7. When school is over I have a hard time getting anything done because we play and play and play. I know most people would say that we should just play and we do, trust me! But the dishes won't clean themselves :) I do ask her to help me but she'd rather teach her stuffed animals!

She is still very funny about the way things "feel her" and temperatures but we are getting better. I know to not even attempt some clothes, which makes me sad cause I want her to wear ruffly Matilda Jane clothes. She is crazy about car temperatures, it is always hot to her. So even in the middle of the Las Vegas "winter" she is always hot. She will freeze me out of that car. She wants the air on when we are all in jackets freezing. It causes alot of issues but I just pray she gets over it soon!

She's a pretty picky eater but is trying more things. She must have a serious metabolism because she can seriously eat all day! She is really good about drinking water. She really doesn't love milk but she chooses water over everything pretty much!

When she is in the "right mood" she loves helping me. She loves to get Owen's clothes, or help him with his food, or do anything I need done. She'll say, "was I being good today?" She loves knowing she has been a big helper.

She is SO FUNNY, loves to laugh and has the best laugh Ive ever heard. She is sugar and spice and fire and ice! She can be so loving one minute and then some other form of a 5 year ha ha. I guess thats all kids. I never know what kind of mood she's going to be in but most days its happy and playful. We love having "girls days" and painting nails and curling hair (Yes, I can actually curl her hair now!)



She is extremely cautious. She is painfully shy at first, but will warm up. We cannot make her jump right into anything. It can be frustrating for us (especially if its like sports or something) but we do know how she is so we have to remember that. We have to let her warm up and we have to be patient at first. But once she does, then she doesn't want to stop!

She is very concerned about doing "right and wrong" and knowing the difference. We have alot of conversations about what is right and why things are wrong. She asks alot of GREAT questions. Her mind is always working. She is a great friend. She shares well, she plays fair for the most part and we are learning alot about how its ok to lose sometimes and not always get the things you want.

Having kids grow up before your eyes is sad, scary and worrisome, especially this day . But its also a beautiful thing when they grow into the people you hope they would be. I can only pray they are well behaved, kind, loving children. We're getting there. It takes a village and being away from our village is very hard, but I hope being here is good for them. It has taught me alot, no doubt!
(This is one of my favorite things...when we ask Owen to pray, he puts his hands together, closes his eyes and makes this exact face with his big front teeth. Its absolutely ADORABLE. Now when he first started it, we laughed and laughed cause it was so cute. Hannah caught on and decided to "make fun" of him. It's wrong, but it's still so funny!)


She is my girl, my strong, loving, intense, happy, playful, smart and BEAUTIFUL child. She loves her family and is learning so much about God that it makes me extremely proud.

I know she has BIG things ahead!!!


Here is our Age 5 Interview!

What is your full name: Hannah Elizabeth Adkins
How old are you: 5
 What is your favorite color: Hot pink
What are your favorite toys: BOOKS! (Granmommy LOVES that I know! Since my mom is a teacher we have what feels like one thousand books and she's read them all!)
What is your favorite fruit: grapes
What is your favorite tv show: SpongeBob, ugh I can't stand that show!
What is your favorite animal: A horse! Same as last year :)
 What is your favorite book: Froggy's Worst Playdate
Who is your best friend: Hannah R from school and Maddy our neighbor
 What is your favorite drink: water
 What is your favorite thing to do outside: play in the sandbox (the good thing about desert landscape, the kids can dig and dig and not mess anything up!)
  What is your favorite thing to take to bed: Her build a bear dog, Ruby :)
 What do you want to be when you grow up: a teacher and she told me that when she's not teaching she will be a horse trainer.
What is your favorite meal for dinner: cheese pizza
 What is your favorite number: 4
What is your favorite song: Let it Go, Im SHOCKED!
 Who is your favorite teacher at your Las Vegas Preschool: Ms Barney, Lamb of God
What is your favorite thing to do at school? Play in the centers- Housekeeping and the library :)

No comments: