Sunday, February 1, 2015

A VERY Disney Birthday!

I think we celebrated Hannah's birthday for a week! I really didn't think her turning 5 would affect me so much but I think it's because kindergarten is right around the corner! That is just making me a wreck!! So since she's 5, I thought that was a big birthday to celebrate we had a BIG week planned! Now, as anyone with kids knows, things never go as planned, it was chaos, and stressful and we probably thought every 10 minutes why did we do this?? but now looking back Im glad we celebrated big! She's a great kid and deserves it :) Last year we went home for her birthday and had a big party with friends so I figured if we were here, we could celebrate by going to Disneyland! We are so close, we might as well! And I love Disneyland. One of my favorite places of all time! Besides the lines, it really is magical :)

Jeremy's mom came in town for her birthday which was great timing! She was able to celebrate all week with us. Thursday I had found a discount on Disney on Ice tickets so I grabbed them at the last minute, I had not planned on going until I saw an email for tickets on sale, so I thought, why not, its a Disney birthday! We surprised her at the last minute but I should've known with Hannah, she doesn't react to surprises like most kids do. Now I know to just give it up! ha ha It was fun though. Both kids enjoyed it!

 I WISH This picture didnt have the lamp in the background, they look ADORABLE and perfectly holding eachother, its still so cute!!

 LOVE this!





 I brought my own glow necklaces, yes I'm cheap and wont pay for all that light up stuff I knew they'd want! ha ha

We planned to leave for Disney on Saturday morning which taught us ALL a lesson. In a hard way. It was not the most pleasant day. I'll just say that. I think we were all ready by the time we got to Disney, to just call it a day and wake up and start over. But by leaving on Sat morning, that gave Jeremy and I a chance to catch dinner and movie on Friday night, we never get to date so that was nice!

So, BRIGHT and EARLY Saturday morning we left at 5:30 am. 4.5 hours in the car with two tired and anxious kids meant a record number of meltdowns by everyone. It was rough honestly, but it was real life! We did have a nice day at Disney, but I think by the time our heads hit the pillows we were relieved and ready to do it on Sunday. We had two day tickets which I am SO thankful for because it's really hard to get all of Disney in, in one day. Too many lines, bathroom breaks and food stops!




 We saw Belle as soon as we walked in and the line was pretty short so we waited, it was pretty cute!





 I will say, they both did really good waiting in lines. That is a obviously the hardest part with kids but they did great!
 They both loved driving the Autopia cars!




Teacups was one of her favorite rides!

 Day 2....started much better than day 1!
 She rode Star Tours with us, a pretty intense ride and she did great!




 He was so cute. He rode pretty much everything he could. He did really great on Pirates, by the 6th time on Pirates, he wasn't hiding his face!
 Big Thunder mountain is one of my all time favorite rides! Hannah LOVED it. I wasnt sure how she would do but we got her on it and she had her arms up in the air! Definitely my child! She asked to ride it again so Sue and I waited almost an HOUR to ride it. It was worth it though, she was in heaven!
We had alot of fun. It was BUSY but great.
 The next morning we grabbed breakfast at Ihop and they had a guy who made pretty incredible balloon animals. Elsa and Mickey made it the whole way home!


 We stopped at Seal Beach since we were close. We were chilly but that didnt stop people from surfing! It's pretty hard to beat California weather!


 Our next stop was to see Baby Duke and the Knapps! We got treated to a birthday dessert! Ice cream filled donuts...yep you read that right. SO good!!! It's a good thing we don't live there!

 We couldn't leave Cali without seeing Kelly!
 The kids did much better on the ride home. Surprisingly they both only slept for a little bit. I thought they would be out. I think Im still recovering from the trip!
 This was her last night of 4!! She was so excited to turn 5 and wore her Disneyland Birthday button everywhere. She wanted everyone to tell her Happy Birthday!
And she's FIVE! We went and picked up some birthday donuts!!

No comments: