Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Owen turns 4!

I got to celebrate Owens birthday on Mother's Day which was pretty fitting since he is my little mama's boy :)) I dont know if its all the time we've been able to spend together since we moved here but man, that little boy is something else. He is SUCH a little lover. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is all boy and LOVES to hit, kick, break, rough house, and play any sport but he is a softie.

Its hard to believe he is 4, when we moved here he was 10 months old. And now he is 4, finished his first year of preschool, asks EIGHT THOUSAND questions a day, and is starting sports. It's so hard for my little heart!

Even though I'm watching him grow right before my eyes, he is still such a little boy at heart. This sweet face is scared of monsters. Like, I think he wants to be brave and tough and know that there aren't really monsters but he just doesnt believe it. He asks Hannah if there are monsters in the pantry, bathroom, other rooms. If he goes to the bathroom, you HAVE to turn the light on for him. He will not go by himself. Acutally, he wants you to leave as soon as you get up and turn the light on. Stinker!

 He has such a sweet heart. We got him golf clubs for his birthday and he kept saying," Im so lucky!" and one night he just goes, "I really have my own golf clubs!" He was SO cute. He loves going golfing with daddy. Except sometimes, he takes the club covers off his clubs, puts them on his hands and pretends he's a hockey player! He will play something very physical one day!


 We went to dinner and golfing on his birthday, it was fun to watch him swing his new clubs. And these two....two peas in a pod, doing man things!


 I mean, can you resist a little boy in underwear! He carries these clubs back and forth from the backyard to the garage, getting his tee ready and hitting balls. I really hope he doesnt nail a window!
 This kid will cuddle me pretty much whenever I ask. Especially in the mornings. Most mornings he yells for me, I come upstairs and he doesnt get out of bed until we cuddle for a little bit. I am FOREVER grateful that I dont have to rush around in the mornings getting ready for work, I can just jump in bed with him and kiss his sweet face until he needs the light turned on in the bathroom. Ha ha. Some mornings he does not want to get up, so I call it shark attack. I give him all kinds of shark kisses, stingray bites, octopus loves, it takes him awhile but eventually he starts laughing and will get up! I think he would sleep all morning if we didnt have to take Hannah to school.

 Good looking swing!
 They played too much golf! And he got a hat just like daddys!
 One of my favorite things that he does, when it's just me and him at the house, he yells, "Can SOMEONE get me a drink? Can SOMEONE get my trucks?" I'm all, Owen, I'm the ONLY someone in this house with you :) It's just so funny.

 He loves this rain boots, he's got his Ghostbuster water pack on spraying bugs!

 Those hands are still chubby and I hope they don't go away any time soon!



He and Hannah play baby often, this was him in the "carseat". This thing is FILLED with shoes. But I guess when the boss, Hannah tells you to be the baby and get in the carseat you just do it and lay on 40 pairs of shoes!

Now he wants to fix his own hair. I mean, break my heart!

Sometimes we go to lunch just the two of us, it's always an adventure!


I tell him to NOT get bigger, never turn 5, live with me forever, never get married and leave me. He usually agrees, except when I told him to PLEASE not turn 5 and he said, "but I have to so I can get a wiggly toof!"
He will be an amazing big brother!! I love watching you grow Owen. I LOVE how sweet you are, I love how interested you are in SO many things. You are a special, special little dude!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh <3 <3 best post ever

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

Boy you hit it spot on Elise! Those pics summed up that crazy little man perfectly!
He is a hilarious blend of his momma and daddy. And his man training ig going well: Mom, I NEED to golf!!!!
Owen, please don't grow up!
love granmommy