Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Beginning!

We have officially started on the nursery! We were finally able to get it cleared out and now we can get it started! We already had the crib because we ordered that awhile back, so Jeremy started on that and was able to put it together flawlessly....which is amazing for a project in our house! The crib looks amazing and I cant wait to have our precious little girl snoozing away in it...ok I know, she won't be sleeping too much in there in the beginning, but a girl can dream can't she?!?
We will probably start painting next weekend, which I am excited about, but then as soon as I start painting I remember how much I hate it! I plan on ordering the chair this week- that will take about 4-6 weeks, then it will almost have everything it needs! I am still having my dresser dilemma, but I just need to stop thinking about it and then it will come to me. Why don't we have matching pieces you ask? Our crib is from Penney's and there are pieces that go with it, but they are TINY! I cant help but think long term about this furniture because the crib converts into a double bed, so I dont want this big bed and these tiny dressers. So I have been on a mission to find good sized dressers (one tall, one short) to match the exact finish of the crib, and that has been hard! I did find two at USA Baby...so that is probably what we will do. Such hard decisions :) I hope you enjoy our nursery pictures along the way!

The Room is Finally EMPTY!

Her closet already! I promise I did not buy all that!

Jeremy and his helper Ruby, putting the crib together!


Crib is Finished! I love it!

On another note, we went to Lexington this weekend to help my sister move a few things into her brand new home! I mean BRAND new! She just bought a brand new Ball Home. Its beautiful! I am so jealous...it has a whirlpool tub, nice wood floors, and a pantry! (yes, we dont have a pantry! Crazy!) She is very excited and as a house warming gift I got her a Snuggie...yes a Snuggie. The man at Target laughed at me, but I bet she loves it :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i LOVE the beginings of your Nursery. We are starting Jaxson's next month after our last company of the year stays in our guest room. LOL!!! It's so EXCITING!!