Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So we went on a little trip....

not to the beach, not to a lake, not even a weekend getaway...we took our first trip to Baptist East Labor and Delivery! Not planned I might add, but Saturday ended up a little different than I had planned! I woke up Saturday feeling perfectly fine, did what I normally do on Saturday mornings while Jeremy is at work- laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping. Then around 10:30 I got the most HORRIFIC pain in my right side and lower back. Of course my first thought is my appendix or I'm dying...ha ha. No but really, it was the worst pain I have ever felt. I couldn't move, walk, stand up straight, or hardly talk. It was stabbing pain so bad, I really thought my appendix was bursting! My mom and Jeremy convinced me to call the on call doctor, who I told my symptoms to and he told me to come in just to be sure. So I geared up for my first hospital trip ever (well that I can remember). We stopped in the ER first and they told me I might as well go straight up to L&D because I was far enough along I would end up there anyways. And as Jeremy says, if you want to get into the ER fast, just tell them you are pregnant...dont think it will work for him! We headed up to L&D and they hooked me up to a fetal monitor, which I will say it was nice to hear her little heartbeat again :) (Probably the only plus to this adventure). After talking to me about my symptoms, they told me it was probably just round ligament pain. WHAT?!?! Everything I read about RLP said it should only last a couple of minutes and go away! I was going on 6 hours! How could there not be something else going on?
Ok, long story short, I'm fine. They did take my blood and told me my white blood count was high and that I may be fighting some sort of viral infection, but Im feeling ok.
I hope that will be my last trip to L&D before little miss arrives!
Oh well, at least I have already met my deductible :)

No comments: