Monday, September 28, 2009

Going Green!

We started on the painting on Friday! It was my half day and I had planned on running some errands and relaxing, but then I got the best call from my hubby, he was coming home because of the rain. Now I love sunny days, but I can't help but love a little bit of rain on my half day hoping Jeremy gets off early too ;) We had lunch together and went on our big Lowes trip. You would have thought we had never painted before. But we wanted to start fresh, so we got all the supplies we could need and headed home. Drawing the lines, taping for the stripes and painting the first set of stripes only took 3 hours! I was impressed!


\
We let those stripes dry and started on the second set on Sunday. Overall there were very few glitches! I love the way it turned out. Next step will be painting the solid green above the chair rail and putting the chair rail up. I cant wait to see this completed!

The second set of stripes!

Just need a few touch-ups but for the most part the stripes are done!

No comments: