Friday, September 4, 2009

Pinks, Yellows, and Greens...Oh My!

I knew decorating this nursery would be SO much fun!! Im sure it's no surprise that my mom and I have already been at it full force, picking out fabric, paint colors, ribbon colors, etc. I am so lucky to have my very own Martha Stewart just a phone call away! We have decided on painting the walls an apple green color, with chair rail and green flat and satin stripes below. I think Jeremy is looking forward to starting on the stripes...of course I say that now....projects in our house never go smoothly, so we will see!
Martha is going to make the bumpers, bed skirt, and valances. Of course she is :) We found fabric last night at JoAnn's that we LOVE! A pink, green, yellow paisley mix. Its so neat, and there are so many things we can do with it. A picture of the fabric is below...and also the striped fabric that matches, we will make the bed skirt out of. And she has plans for lining the laundry basket with the fabric and a pillow for my chair :) Im so lucky!! Luckily that green chair I love, matches everything too! I had to match it all around my favorite chair!
I plan on lots of bows, ribbons and pink! I dont think this room will get any more girlie! I know that is just what Jeremy was expecting! He is a good sport though, and I think he is loving the idea of a little girl. I tell him he is outnumbered with me, Ruby and the baby, but he says Ruby will always be on his side. I remind him that girls love their daddies, and it will be ME that needs the attention :)

This weekend is pretty relaxing and LONG! I love holiday weekends! I plan on nailing down our furniture decision this weekend, we received our crib last Friday and it is beautiful, I just have to find matching pieces. We also need to clear out the nursery. How do 2 people under the age of 30 have SO much stuff!! Our house isn't that small...we just have no storage! (Or just too much stuff!) Our guest room will seem a little crowded...but hey, its cozy! Sunday night we will have a cookout with some family from Chicago, then Monday, I wont have to get up for work! Yea!!

Today is my sisters birthday...Happy Birthday Lindsay!! I believe she is celebrating in Cincinnati this weekend, so we wont see her for a week or so, but when we get back together we will celebrate all our birthdays. September is a huge birthday month!! My sister on the 4th, Jacey (Jeremy's niece) on the 6th, my 27th birthday is on the 8th, and Jeremy on the 30th!
I hope everyone has a nice long weekend!


4 comments:

The Templeton's said...

I LOVE THE FABRIC!!! How cute it is going to be adorable!!! Thanks so much for coming last night I just can't get over how great you look! Congrats

Kim said...

I love the fabric!!! Perfect choice.......

Jenny said...

Yay for little Girls!!! Sooooooo EXITED for you all!! Congratulations!! LOVE your blog too i cant believe i didnt know about it before now! Have you picked a name yet for your princess??? xoxo

Caroline Mosey said...

Hey Adkins family, I just came across your blog when I was reading the Lingley's and I love it! Congrats on your upcoming baby girl:) How exciting! (Ted thinks its completely ironic that Jeremy is having a girl...but I'm sure he'll be wrapped around her little finger in no time!)
Enjoy this precious time--and get LOTS of rest!
The Mosey's