Monday, November 9, 2009

19!?!

How did he grow up so fast?? Just yesterday, I was 8 and my parents were bringing home ANOTHER baby! (Just kidding- what would I do without all 3 of my siblings?) Now he is 19, his last year of being a teenager. I loved that I was old enough to really watch Alex grow up. He has grown into such a sweet child and one of the best teenagers I have ever seen. Now he is in college and enjoying every single bit of it!! We miss him a lot but we are so glad he is having fun. He celebrated his 19th birthday on the 8th and was actually in Louisville to let us celebrate with him. Just how sweet is he? When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he told me to save my money and buy something for Hannah…what a sweet kid!! (Of course I couldn’t, I have to spoil him too!)
This weekend was beautiful to say the least and a really nice one. Friday was my half day and my mom and I ended up running a lot of errands and got a lot of things accomplished. We picked out all the pieces we needed to make Hannah’s name on the wall above her crib- its going to be so cute! And we found a TON of adorable stretchy headband ribbon at Hobby Lobby. Having your very own Martha has tons of advantages!! We always say its scary when Elizabeth starts crafting (I have no patience and most of my projects end up badly!) but I successfully painted the canvas boards for Hannah’s name, but I chose to let my mom use the staple gun! I’ll have pictures as soon as we get it up.
Saturday we celebrated Alex’s birthday with dinner at my parent’s house and Sunday we took him back to Lexington. We stopped by my sisters new house and to see our friends Crystal and Tony. Crystal just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I fell in LOVE!! Her name is Mya and she is beautiful!! Jeremy wouldn’t hold her though…he better start practicing!
This week will be a really nice one- I just have to get through the work part. We have two baby showers this weekend and I can’t wait! My sister and our friend Courtney are throwing us a shower on Saturday night and my mom’s great teacher friends are throwing me one on Sunday. I can’t wait for a BABY weekend!
(I wish I had pictures from the weekend but I HATE being photographed…isn’t that sad!) I’ll definitely have some baby shower pictures though!

No comments: