Monday, November 16, 2009

Showered!

This weekend was amazing and so much fun! We were absolutely showered with awesome gifts and love from all our family and friends! Saturday night, my sister and our friend Courtney threw us a couple’s shower- it was a blast!! Lindsay and Courtney came up with the best games! We had the Guess the Baby Food Game (Chicken is AWFUL by the way! And surprisingly- Chicken and apples tastes like applesauce!) We had the Candy Bar Diaper Game, which is where they melt several different candy bars and smoosh them up in a diaper and everyone has to guess which candy bar is which- without tasting! They looked awful!! We had awesome food and great laughs! Especially watching the boys chug beer out of baby bottles! We got the neatest baby gifts- including Baby Uggs from Aunt Courtney :)

Jeremy and Me in the middle of games!

Love these girls! Emily, Me and Jessica
Lindsay and Courtney- the hostesses!
The guys after the "Beer Bottle" game
My brother Adam and me- I love this pic!
Jeremy is all ready to be a dad to a daughter! He's got his neice over his shoulder and her baby doll in his pocket :)

Sunday my mom’s teacher friends threw us a beautiful shower with amazing food and great company!! We have decided the Hawaiian roll Ham Sandwiches are by far the best sandwiches ever- if you want the recipe just ask! They are addicting! Hannah got the cutest outfits and the most beautiful blankets and quilts. This was definitely a blanket shower. We cannot wait to wrap her up in these blankets and cuddle her, especially because it will be freezing January out there!

The quilt that my Auntie Carol made for us- matches the room perfectly!
Me, Nana, My mom and Lindsay
I do have to brag on my mom for a minute because she made pretty much every gift she gave us for Hannah and I have no clue how she does it! The woman has the mind of Martha Stewart and the talent of her too. She goes above and beyond and I truly am BEYOND lucky to have her. She made everything from picture frames to diaper bag tags, to a night light for the nursery!! Where does she come up with this stuff? I am so blessed to have her but I also wish I had half her talent and ALL of her patience! Her craft room looks like a pink bomb went off! Just to show you how crazy she is- Jacey asked her to make a headband for her baby doll and she went right up stairs and sewed a headband for her! How funny! I don’t think she sleeps, she’s like the elves from the movie Elf, she only needs 20 minutes! Here are a few things she created!
LOVE this Baby Book!

Her beautiful frames!!
This is one of the shower invites- she is SO creative!
I am still recovering from an awesome weekend, but it’s a good kind of tired! We put all of the stuff in her room, closed the door and went to bed! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is almost here! We have another busy weekend coming up and then I will be off for 4 days for Thanksgiving, cannot wait! This weekend we have our Childbirth class on Saturday morning; we have tickets to the U of L game that day, and then off to a wedding reception that night. Sunday we will celebrate an early Thanksgiving dinner with friends and more great food! Good thing I have an excuse to eat for two! We will spend Thanksgiving in Louisville, and then my mom, sister and I wake up super early to head out for Black Friday. There is never anything that we have to have, but we love grabbing a Starbucks and heading out among the craziness!
I hope everyone’s work week goes fast and weekend goes slow!

1 comment:

Caroline Mosey said...

Awww, what a great weekend! Baby Hannah will have absolutely everything she could ever need:) Looking forward to seeing pictures of her sweet face in January!