Sunday, August 1, 2010

a girl with a glue gun

I dont sew- my mom has really tried to teach me and I just dont do it very well. Maybe its a lack of patience or maybe I just dont have the sewing gene. But my mom just has a knack for it. Well- she can do pretty much anything. So Ive resorted to a glue gun. And oh my are there ALL kinds of things you can do with a glue gun! I was on a mission this weekend to make headbands. Ive been googling and reading blogs and tutorials to figure out how to make all these adorable headbands I see on Etsy. But I refuse to pay when I know I can do it! So I set my mind to it this weekend and I really had so much fun! I would only need to sell THOUSANDS of headbands and paci clips to work part time. Only thousands. But I figure Im saving us money on all the headbands and paci clips I would be buying, right? So Ive been reading and reading and alot of what I have found requires a sewing maching- not for this girl! I got my very first glue gun (surprising for the daughter of a lady with one whole room for crafts!) but yes, my very first one. I got clips, fabric and ribbon and started yesterday...and well- I couldnt stop! I made paci clip after paci clip and headband after headband! It just takes a little dab of glue and you can do what a sewing machine would do! Well kind of- I know I could do alot more if I could just learn to sew- but for now, Im having fun with the gun :)
One of my favorite gifts to give for baby showers are burp cloths trimmed in ribbon- but they take me forever because I would pin and sew and then mess something up and my poor mom would have to fix it for me- so I realized I could make those with the glue gun too! Our guest room looks like a bomb went off and Im sure Im bound to step on something sharp....but I played Martha for the weekend and loved it.
I really do enjoy this- if anyone out there sees anything they would be interested in just let me know because I would LOVE to start selling these. I love that my sweet girl is my model! She has a new headband on every where we go! Ive made headbands, paci clips and burp cloths so far. Im hoping the possibilites are endless with my glue gun.....

Burp cloths
Flowers-I have been clipping these into the headbands. The problem with the actual headband is that I can only find the elastic online- so I dont have alot right now- but I will be ordering LOTS more!
My little model (Hard to get a good picture because she doesnt stop!)

and the paci clips (I absolutey LOVE the ribbon on the far right)! Hannah loves her pacis and these things are amazing- especially now that she puts it back in her mouth herself! That happened so much sooner than I thought it would!

I hope you enjoy and Id love some feedback :)

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

You did a great job! They look great! Try doing some with multiple solid colors on the same headband with the rolled rosette ones! Love them all!!