Sunday, December 26, 2010

First Christmas

This Christmas has to be one of the best! I have always loved Christmas- it is my absolute favorite time of year- but having a child to spend Christmas morning with made it so much better. We had an absolute blast this weekend. I LOVED sharing Christmas with Hannah and imagining how much more fun each year will get! She was SO fun this year and although she really had no idea what it was all about- she LOVED her new toys and tearing the Christmas paper. As we watch Hannah grow into a little girl (although it breaks my heart!) it is so much fun! She has the sweetest personality and gets funnier by the day! She loved tearing into her presents and after she would tear one piece of paper she would reach out and hand it to somebody. She loved sharing her wrapping paper :) She does that with her paci now too- she tries to put it in our mouths. Such a sweetie! She LOVED her wagon- LOVED IT! She loved having Jeremy pull her around the house in it. Wagons sure have changed! I remember the old metal wagons and this one has seatbelts and cupholders!! I guess for juice boxes and goldfish!
We spent the entire weekend at my parents house this weekend and even though we live 10 miles away it was so fun to feel like we were on a mini vacation. We were all home all weekend and truly laughed until we cried. I have never laughed so hard. We are a tough crowd and the most sarcastic bunch of people but we have the most fun together. Last year Jeremy came up with a fun idea- he decided that on Christmas Eve we play "Yankee Swap" with As Seen On TV Gifts. Hilarious! Some were clever and useful and others were just plain funny and useless! From the Slap Chop and the Hercules Hook to (my As seen on tv gift) Booty Pop! I found this back in the summer and couldnt wait to get it for our Yankee Swap. Surprisingly Bed Bath and Beyond carried it- and Im sure you can only imagine what Booty Pop is! Lets just say best $15 I ever spent because my dad picked it and obviously nobody wanted to swap with him! It was so fun! We had our second annual Racko tournament which Jeremy and I dominated! I won a $50 Macys gift card and Jeremy walked away with $60 in cash!! My dad did his annual "Change Counting Contest" and had two jars this year. My mom and Matt won those and walked away with some extra after Christmas money. My dad is just so special because he really is such a generous person. He loves games and prizes and watching all of us kids together. My parents really are so generous- even after 29 years and 4 kids they still go out of their way to spoil us at Christmas. Just being together is enough- we laugh, eat, play games and enjoy eachothers company. I absolutely love the holidays with them. Even though we live in the same city it was hard to leave their house today. I know that sounds weird- but I hate when Linds and Matt leave and I hate knowing its over. I wish I could just freeze this whole weekend. But I am so thankful for it. I am so thankful for another year with all of our family. We are heading to Owensboro to be with Jeremy's family this week and we cant wait to see them!!! Jeremys sister Kim got engaged so I cant wait for Wedding Talk!! So exciting! I love seeing Jacey and Justin at Christmas- it is always so much more fun with kids around!
I have this week off and I have SOOOO much to do around the house. I need this week to recover from Christmas! I have way too many pictures from Christmas and Im hoping to upload a slideshow when I can figure it out but here are a few from the weekend! Hope Everyone had a Merry Christmas and was able to spend it with the ones you love.
Enjoy the last week of 2010!!!








No comments: