Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sick little boy & potty news!

This weekend we ended up not doing much of anything because Owen was one sick little boy. His fever started about 5 am on Saturday morning and I figured it was teeth but it just got higher and higher and by the time is was 102.5 I took him to urgent care. Of course its a "virus" which I think is an ugly word. No medicine, no cause, nothing. Just a sick little guy :( He was SO miserable and pitiful. I mean he was literally whimpering. We kept him on Tylenol all night and made sure he ate something to keep him hydrated. He was barely eating and just so fussy. That night his temp reached 103.4 and I was a nervous wreck thinking he would have a seizure like Hannah. Thankfully he did not. We are on the mend but now his sleeping and eating pattern is ALL over the place. Im ready for routine with this little guy! Not sure that will happen. He hasn't been sleeping through the night since 4.5 months old. I know he can do it but I have just given in to his need to eat and now he is used to it. This too shall pass.... Im just glad he is smiling again- he was so sad!!

And big news for this girl!!!

We started "shock potty training" on Monday! It sounds so bad but really we are just putting her in underwear and no more diapers until bedtime. Her teachers at school and I talked about it and they are so awesome they were totally on board with it. They dont care how many times they have to change her they are ready to move her up to the Busy Bee room! They started after nap time yesterday and she did not have any accidents at school. She was SO excited to tell me she was wearing underwear. So we worked really hard on it when we got home and we had two accidents but the third time she went in the potty!! I think I screamed like we won the lottery :) I was just so proud of her. She was so excited too. To see the happiness on her face was awesome! She just kept laughing at me because of how excited I was! We did resort to bribing with candy but it worked so there is no shame here! Ha ha!
Keep your fingers crossed this works- Im so tired of buying diapers for her. And her little bottom looks TOO Cute in underwear :)

No comments: