Friday, March 22, 2013

the countdown is on

We are in countdown mode to be back with daddy!! I can say in the same breath how ready I am and how not ready I am. The goodbyes have started and its already been hard. Ive even been choked up saying goodbye to some of my clients and those people arent even family. I did have a mini breakdown last night thinking of the special people in my life that I have to say goodbye to and not only that, they just wont be around to meet for dinner, get the kids together, etc etc. Just hard stuff. Im sad Im going to miss some of my favorite friends having babies and other big milestones in their lives. BUT we are lucky to have the technology we have and we can instantly get pictures at any time!
I have three days left of work, a to do list that is a mile long, a going away party on Saturday and Jeremy comes home tonight! Im surprised I even sleep anymore with all the things running through my head. But Im pretty exhausted by the time 10:00 rolls around and I can barely see straight!
This week was eventful as they all seem to be. Wednesday I took both kids to the ENT for ear checks. Owen's tubes are right in place, Hannah's did come out which was what we were wanting. Dr Coppola just reached in there with his long skinny tweezer things and pulled them out since they were laying in the ear canal. She did AWESOME. She even smiled when he told her he got the potato out of her ear :) One ear has a hole in the ear drum which isnt good if it doesnt heal but we wont deal with that until her ears fully mature. We met my mom for dinner and then once we got home I was changing Owen and noticed a big red rash all over his trunk. It looked like hives and was bright red all over. I went ahead and took him to the pediatrician and it was just an allergic reaction to something. So I spent most of Wednesday in dr offices. But we are just using up the FSA money we have :)
My work threw me a surprise going away get together yesterday- it was so thoughtful. They have always been so generous to me and they gave me the nicest gift card. It was so thoughtful! Im thinking lots and lots of new desert appropriate clothing :) And some new things for the house!
Tomorrow will be one of the hardest days on record. Saying goodbye to so many people. We are having a going away party and as excited as I am to see our friends and family I know the night will end with LOTS of goodbyes and way too many tears. Im not good at goodbyes. I already get choked up thinking about Hannah leaving her Busy Bee classroom. Will she miss her friends? Its just breaking my heart!
But with Goodbye, comes Hello. 1 week until we say HELLO to a brand new world!!
ENT appointments! She did awesome!
She LOVES this kid. They make eachother smile!
SWEET boy!!!

No comments: