Monday, August 26, 2013

it rained...in Las Vegas.

that is all. no, kidding. but it really did. Like alot. When it rains in Las Vegas, we get these screeching alerts for flash flooding. They do not kid about flash flooding here. I actually kind of enjoyed a rainy day. We've never had so much here. But of course I just washed my car yesterday morning so I should have known :)
Here is just a quick update of our week and weekend. In a nutshell, Im tired of the heat, ready for fall, oh and I'd love a date night, just to a quiet dinner and a movie. I miss our KY babysitters who babysat just for the love of it :)

these pics are in terrible order but I dont have the energy to change it!
 Saturday we took the kids to a farm nearby. Hannah has been talking about seeing cows and horses for awhile so when I found this online I knew we had to go. It was cheap, and the kids loved it so we will go back. I think one of the hardest things for us is keeping the kids entertained 24/7 since we dont really have any other source of entertainment but the 4 of us. So we are always looking for something new to do!

 I love this. Hannah said, "Mommy, come lay by me. I saved you a BIG spot." Um....Thank you?? ha ha!
 Vacuum repair!
 And this is how our car wash ended :)
 One morning last week both kids woke at 4:45. That was great! So we headed to an orchard nearby super early and picked some pears. By the end of it we were all tired!

 This was her farm outfit- she's getting to big!
 Another morning at the park. We spend so many mornings at the park- this time we took her bike.

 This is some face! But I loved how her hair looked after our car wash. I love her hair!
 I bought some almond butter at the orchard and when I got it out to put some on some toast, Owen screamed for the whole thing. He literally sat there and ate it with a fork until I could sneak it away from him.




 I found a SUPER easy pattern on pinterest to make hooded bath towels for kids. If I can sew it, anyone can! I cant wait to make more of these for gifts, etc.
 Friday was family pool day for Hannah's last day of summer camp- we all enjoyed the sun!
 This goat jumped up and startled the kids. Hannah immediately put her arm around Owen. It was such an endearing thing to watch. She really loves that kid so much and is very protective. We're doing something right, right?!


 MY. LIFE. Ha ha! I dont get any time to myself. And when I sneak away, I always hear, "Mommy, where are you?" I tell her, "Crazytown!"

 Hilarious pig named Bulldozer
 They both loved this little guy who was roaming around.

Hannah loved the magician at the pool day. She even got to pull something out of a hat!


This week we have Hannah's first dance class...getting her into a tight leotard.....I'll keep you updated. And then we are going to head to California for a little bit so Jeremy can get some rest and I can enjoy some company. Remind me why do golf courses need to kill all their grass and then grow new grass???


No comments: