Sunday, August 4, 2013

so this happened.



Yep. It sure did and I LOVE it. I do feel like a total soccer mom...I mean Im only 30 driving a mini van. And we only have 2 kids...its not like we have 5 or anything. But I dont really know why but I have been wanting something bigger with more room. I kept going back to a van. I LOVE all the room. And to be honest one of the main reasons is when people come visit us in Las Vegas, my Highlander- even though it had a 3rd row and fit 7 people (very snug), when we would pick people up from the airport we didnt have enough room for us and all the luggage. It was even a tight squeeze when the 4 of us got home from the beach. I was ready for something different. I've driven two Toyotas, which I have loved and thought were great cars but the Honda Odyssey just takes the cake in the soccer mom van department :) Its awesome. We did get this one loaded but this WILL be the car I drive into the ground. I said that about the Highlander but this is it. I shouldnt need anything more! Its got a DVD player in the back for the kids (Hannah is in heaven but mark my word this will backfire on us. We will have the wrong movie, she wont be able to hear it, etc etc) but she's happy for now :) It has so many neat features. The power doors and power trunk hatch is a bonus! I love being able to push a button and have the hatch go down. Dual air control in the front...Jeremy and I have never been able to have different temperatures :) It just has so many fun things. A rear camera for backing up (Probably a good thing cause its a big car!) and even a "Cooler box". I was so confused- its a little compartment in the front that keeps things cool. Im sure it wont keep something freezing cold but maybe some drinks for a road trip! We promised Hannah some ice cream sandwiches for being so good at the dealership for 4.5 hours (it took forever!) and we put those in there on the drive home and it kept them cool. It also has bluetooth which is great because we cant use cell phones and drive here.



The kids were really good. It seriously took forever. This is one of those times you realize its hard to do adult, grown up things without family in town. 4.5 hours at a dealership with 2 kids- it was touch and go :)

I think we got a really good deal on this van and I really love it. Im thankful for Jeremy, he was so patient with me as we went through this process. Im not sure he really wanted one as much as I did, but driving it home he did say it was pretty awesome.  He might have been tired of me talking about it and sitting on the internet until I found one! We looked at an older model which we did think was a great deal but this will just be something we drive forever!

Back to this week...we've really just been recovering from being gone for a month. We've done alot of playing, getting the house back together, getting back into routines. Hannah started back at her summer camp and she did great. I was nervous. To be honest, I was very nervous about how she would do back here. She spent 6 weeks with family and friends. Thats tough for anyone to come back home to not having lots of people entertain her. But she is so much more flexible and resilient than I give her credit. She's done great. She started right back at school and didnt cry once. She had show n tell and a field trip- she was in heaven.

This is also a big week for her because we have officially kicked the paci habit. I know, 3.5 and still had a paci. Let me clarify- she only used her paci at bedtime. We havent had the paci during the day in a long time. But we did slack off a little in KY and at the beach. We wanted it to calm her on the airplane and it gave us all a little peace when the Hannah who should have taken a nap, started to come out :)
So we were just talking about how she was a big girl and didnt need it and we could just throw it away and she would be so big. So she walked right over there and threw it away. Obviously I dug it out and hid it, fully expecting to give it back to her at bedtime but then I thought- Its not going to be easy no matter when we do it. If we had done it 3 months ago we would have the same result. If we do it in 2 months, same result. Probably 2 or 3 really hard nights but just like Hannah does with everything, she will adjust.
Now I did feel bad for her. I felt like I was taking away something from an addict- ha ha! She has her bunny which I wont ever take away from her. But her bunny and paci just go together. So I am sure she didnt understand why she could have one and not the other. Anyways- long story short, 3 rough days and we seem to be SO much better. The first night I slept with her and listened to her cry until 10:00 as she said, "I want my paci" one thousand times. The next morning was a little rough but then it got better. And yesterday morning she didnt talk abut it and last night she didnt even mention it. I am SO glad to be done with that thing. I hated keeping up with it. So, way to go Hannah!!
It was funny because Owen has his paci hooked to him and he has a bad habit of always using it so I told Hannah we needed to take Owen's paci out so he could talk more and she said, "maybe we could throw it in the trash." Sounds like she remembers what happened to hers :)

Another funny Hannah story- just so I remember! Owen broke my sunglasses and I looked at Hannah and jokingly said, "What are we going to do with him?" and she, very quickly said, "we could put him in a cage!" True love, right there!!

Here is our week in pictures!
 this poor little girl got sick the night we got home. Woke up at midnight throwing up and got sick a few hours later too. I was worried because she didnt eat or drink anything for a while but she bounced back!
 Hannah is VERY into dress up, hair and make up lately. She loved doing hair with Elise, Megan and Kelly at the beach. And now she does my hair all the time. It hurts. Alot. ha ha! She even dresses up her brother :)

 back to playing in our backyard and going to our parks. Nothing like a rock and sand birthday cake she was making for me!

 I think he was happiest of all to get back to sneaking into cabinets!

 I forgot to add these pictures from the beach of the sharks the guys caught. They went deep sea fishing and caught 4 or 5 sharks. And that folks, is why I dont get in the ocean!
 Sweet moments between these three!
 Saturday we went to a local farmers market and the highlight for Hannah was chasing peacocks, then we grabbed lunch and headed to the kids museum. Its great to have a membership there because we can go for a couple hours and play and not feel bad about not seeing all the exhibits. They love the water room the most anyways!

 this was her "excited about the van" face!
 being so patient at the car dealership...I did run out of snacks!





No comments: