Monday, March 31, 2014

weekend getaway!

I escaped for the weekend and didnt know what to do with myself! Flying alone, only having to remember one bag, it was very different than Im used to! It was a very nice weekend and Im so thankful for a husband who survived for 48 hours and didnt complain once or call me telling me to change my flight. I am so lucky and thankful for him. He's an amazing dad and he can do it alone! I think the key was that it was March Maddness :) So Im already planning my next getaway during basketball season!
I dont think Ive ever escaped anywhere by myself for a weekend without kids and I will say it definitely recharged my batteries. Jeremy has work trips here or there and I know that probably helps keep him sane but I think we all need to get away sometimes to recharge. I definitely did! I missed them like crazy and loved the updates he would give me (I got some good ones!) but I knew all was taken care of at home and I didnt worry one bit!
Megans shower was wonderful and Im so thankful I was able to be there. We are so close to them I might as well take advantage of these times because eventually we will move and wont be this close. Now in about 3 months Im going to go back so I can get my hands on that precious baby!!

 We made Jeremy a Dad's Survival Basket! They starting getting into it before I even left for the airport!!
 The night before I left we grabbed dinner and the kids got ice cream cones, this is how Owen chose to eat his. Looks like he wanted a milk shake! It was a disaster and turned into such a huge mess but look at that face!!
 They are SO sweet together, most of the time :)

While I was gone Jeremy was having Hannah pick up some of her toys and she looked at him and said, I have to do everything around here!

We also didnt tell her where I was going when I left because she loves the Knapps and we knew she would be sad she wasnt coming. So randomly on Saturday she asked Jeremy, Is Mommy at Megans for her baby shower? Now that is one smart girl who listens and remembers everything we say whether it was this morning or 2 weeks ago. Smart kid!


 The theme was Buttons and Bow Ties, turned out ADORABLE! Food was amazing, loved spending the weekend with a family who is basically my second family. SO many hilarious laughs!!
 Brock and Megan as babies. They will have one precious little boy!











 Loved this diaper game- there were some really funny messages to the new parents for middle of the night diaper changes!


It was a great weekend! Today we pack and clean and get on an airplane again tomorrow for the beach!! Pray for me, these are going to be some LONG flights! My 30 minute flight to California was a dream!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh my gosh that cheese face in the first picture!!!

You better start whispering from now on - Hannah is too smart for her own good!

The baby shower pictures are absolutely beautiful! So glad you got to go celebrate with the Knapps and have a little mommy getaway!

Hope you guys have a blast at THE BEACH!