Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Celebrations

This weekend we celebrated 2 birthdays- Ruby turned 2!! And our great friend Blake, celebrated his 30th with a great surprise party thrown by his wife!
I thought 2 was the magic number in puppy years for them to start settling down…well I have been informed it is different for Golden Retrievers- or maybe never for Ruby. Her and I had a talk on Saturday about how she is suppose to start calming down and being a good dog, and she ended that conversation by grabbing one of my shoes and running from me. I always tell her it’s a good thing she’s cute, because….well, you can use your imagination. She tests my patience everyday, but it’s good for me I guess. Then I look at that sweet face that is cuddled between Jeremy and I every night and don’t know what I would do without her. Here are a couple pictures of her playing Frisbee, she loves Frisbee, but mainly because once she gets it she runs from you and lays down and chews on it. We gave her a Frosty Paw (doggy ice cream) for her birthday and she LOVED it!
Such a beautiful Dog!! Doesn't she LOOK sweet ;)

Working hard to catch that frisbee!
Blake’s Surprise party was a success; I think he was very surprised! Courtney did a great job! However, she almost lost him when he was trying to book tickets a couple weeks back for a football game, those men are hard to surprise! We are also SOOO excited for Blake and Courtney because they will be having a new addition to their family too! They are expecting their first baby at the beginning of May and we couldn’t be more excited. Jeremy and Blake grew up in Owensboro together and I am just so excited to watch them become dads together. I figure this timing is great because they will need eachother for the support of their pregnant hormonal wives and Courtney and I will be there for eachother too! Im thinking BOY for them, so maybe Little Miss A will have a little man of her own! We have spent the last 2 years with Blake and Courtney at Trackside celebrating the Kentucky Derby, this year will be MUCH different! A good different and I cannot wait for it!

Mom and Dad to be!

This month we will celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary- I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years! This time 2 years ago I was in crazy wedding mode and now I am in BABY mode! It’s so wonderful. Everything has turned out so amazing in our lives and I am so glad I have him to share it with. We don’t have big plans for our anniversary but we thought about a nice dinner at Jeff Ruby’s.
We will be traveling to Nashville in 2 weeks for my friend Jenni’s wedding that I am in. We are excited for a mini weekend getaway! We will be sure to stop in Bowling Green for some old WKU favorites…maybe Puerto’s, Toots, Mariahs…would it be bad if we stopped to eat at all three? HA! I am eating for two right?
I have my 3rd ultrasound on the 20th to check the baby’s growth and I am so glad to get the extra attention. The more times I can look at her the better! The ultrasound is on our anniversary so that is a good enough way to celebrate for me!
I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful weather October brings!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you all had a GREAT weekend!! Now you've gotta get Court to start blogging her pregnancy!!