Friday, December 18, 2009

Doing the Math

We had another appointment to check on Miss H today and after doing the math…this little one is going to be a chunker!! Are you ready for this…at 34 weeks and 5 days she weighs 6 pounds 3 ounces!! WOW! Our last growth ultrasound was on Nov. 24th and she weighed 4 pds 4 oz. That’s a little over half a pound a week! I still have 5 weeks left! The ultrasound lady said she had chubby cheeks (again) and a nice size tummy. I said, uh oh…that’s nice for “big” but she said, no, you would definitely rather have big cheeks and a nice size tummy than a big ol head! TRUE! Everything else was good and we get to see her again next Tuesday, and every week after that until I deliver. I love having all the pictures that we have of her. Today we got a glimpse of her face and another shot of her nose and mouth. I just can’t wait to meet her! Im just hoping she is not earlier rather than later…I know by January I’ll probably be ready to get her out, but it doesn’t flow with my daycare/babysitter schedule! I plan on taking 12 weeks, so if she comes on time then I will go back to work late April. My mom is going to watch her all summer (SO happy about that!) so I will only need someone for May and a week or so in June. Then we will start daycare in August. So, she can’t come early because then I would need someone earlier! I want to come back to work as late as possible! So…little chunker…stay put. For a while.

We don’t have big plans this weekend and I’m very glad about that. I have Christmas shopping to get done and a baby’s room to organize! Oh and I need to sleep. Have I mentioned my sleeping is a little off? I wake about 4 something almost every morning (whether it’s Ruby gracing us with her presence or I have to run to the bathroom) I toss and turn and cannot fall back asleep. Oh and since being pregnant Jeremy has picked up snoring. It’s awesome. So I would just love one full night of sleep. However, I think those days are over!
Alex is in town…YAY! Im sure I’ll capture him at some point and make him hang out with us. I just love that he will be home for so long. I work Monday and half of Tuesday next week, then I am off until January 4th! That’s great because I have lots of projects!!
I’ll try to post the ultrasound pictures we have from today. They show her face a little bit, and those of you that are great at watching scrambled TV might be able to make out a nose and a mouth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband rebuttal:
I also get no sleep. With my beautiful, pregnant wife's tossing and turning all night, it's amazing I get any. By the way, I do not snore. It's just normal breathing....I think she wants me to stop breathing.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

CRACKING UP at Jeremy's little tid bit there!! HAHAHA!! That is CRAZY to me that you get soooo many ultrasounds! i've only had two and i won't get another one till the very end and not until we get our OWN 4D ultrasound pictures done... what is up with my health care down here =( You are totally gonna have a little chubbers and she is gonna be soooooo cute!! i can't wait to see the photos!!