Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting There!

We are getting so close to the nursery being finished! We picked up the dressers on Thursday and I am SOOO happy we went with those dressers. They match the crib perfectly and look great! We have 12 whole drawers and they arent even filled yet! We still have to decide where we want some picture frames to go and also leave room for pictures of her, but for the most part, she could move in today! Here are a couple pictures of her changing dresser and the glider- where I know Jeremy will spend so much time!

We had such a nice weekend! Friday my mom came over, we ordered pizza and worked hard in Hannah’s room. It’s getting more organized, but I figure once she is here I will have to re-organize a little once I figure out the things I use the most and the least, etc. But it’s a fun process! Saturday we met with a pediatricians group to determine who we want to see her in the hospital. We met with All Children Pediatrics and really like them. I can check that off my list!
Right after that, we headed to Owensboro for Christmas with Jeremy’s family. We even took Ruby, which we will never…..do…..again……She was awful. I mean awful. Surprisingly, she was REALLY good with the kids. Which did give me some relief. For the most part she didn’t even bother them, unless they had something she wanted. But it was a CONSTANT battle to get things out of her mouth. With 3 kids running around of course there were tons of toys but that dog cant leave anything alone. And she NEVER stops. She didn’t lay down once. During the night she just paces- she never sleeps. So we don’t sleep either. Poor Jeremy had to take her out 3 times in the middle of the night. Is this supposed to get us ready to be parents? If so, we need a break…we need our sleep NOW before she comes! By the time we got home, she was passed out asleep. So were we…I am embarrassed to say what time we got in bed, but I think I got a FULL 9 hours which I havent had since probably September!
We had a great Christmas with his family; I got a snuggie- which I am VERY excited about! Jeremy got an air compressor, which he has wanted for so long and we got a great little video camera to record Hannah!
We had a lot of fun playing with the kids, especially playing “Guess Who” with Jacey. That was a game I loved growing up and I even had fun playing it now! Jacey and I beat Jeremy about 6 times in a row!
I hope everyone had a great weekend too! We are getting SUPER excited for Christmas! Especially me, because I am off for almost 2 weeks and looking SO forward to a break. I have so many things on my list to get done!

2 comments:

Bethan Flynn said...

The nursery looks awesome!!!! I love it!!! The wall art is soooo cute! Love love love it!!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE the Nursery!! It's absolutely ADORABLE!! i can't WAIT to get ours done!