Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Overdue!

Not me! My blog posts! But we have been so busy and our computer is acting up, I haven’t really had a chance to squeeze one in! We have had a lot going on lately- all things baby! We had our last childbirth class on Saturday- we learned all kinds of breathing techniques, and at the end of class I learned that hopefully I won’t need to know those breathing techniques because I will be all drugged up with an epidural! Ha! Of course she did say Kentucky has a 17% epidural failure rate, so I started paying attention again!
After our class we left for our baby shower in Owensboro which was so much fun! Jeremy’s sister and his aunt threw us such a nice shower. The highlight was the “Bobbing for Pacifiers”, that game was hilarious! And much harder than you think! The kids loved it too!
Yesterday we had another Biophysical profile test for Hannah and she passed with an 8 out of 8, perfect score! I said her Granmommy, the teacher, would be so proud she aced her test! The ultrasound lady said she had chubby cheeks! (I told Jeremy, “you know she tells us that everytime, right!?!”)
This ultrasound was so neat because as they watch to make sure the baby swallows, we got to see her swallow over and over again. We saw her mouth and tongue moving and Im not sure why but it really touched me. Even though we’ve had several ultrasounds, and have lots of great profile pictures of her, to see her actually moving and doing the things that babies do outside of the womb was just incredible to me. She put on a show for us and I loved it! It’s like she was saying, Im doing good in here mom!! Even though Im counting down the days until she can get out of there!
Less than 50 days! About 6 ½ weeks and it could be less than that! I hope not too much less because we need her dressers to get here! Ha! Her room is almost ready, but quite a disaster area. Basically the floor is a giant shelf right now. I have started washing her clothes, and her bed is ready for her, but we have a lot of things we need to put away. I loved washing her clothes and seeing a sea of pink in the washer!
I am taking a good amount of time off at Christmas and I’m so glad that I am because we have a lot to do! Once her dressers get here- I will be so relieved but I have a lot of odds and ends things that need to be done…I do believe that is nesting, correct!?! Im probably creating more work for Jeremy and I, but we wont have much time for anything come January.
We are heading to Owensboro again this weekend to have Christmas with Jeremy’s family. I am really looking forward to it. I absolutely love Christmas time, so anything I can do to spread it out, is great! I wanted to go earlier rather than later, because even though Owensboro is only 2 hours away, you never know what could happen as I get further along. Of course Im a crazy planner and organizer so I probably wont travel too far from Louisville in the next coming weeks…HA! I am already working on a hospital bag…I know, I know! Way to organized, but I can’t stand the thought of being in a situation where I am not prepared with all the things I need for my little stay!
I hope everyone has most of their Christmas shopping done; I have lots left to do!

No comments: