Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Surprise!

I had the best surprise at work today....they threw me a surprise baby shower! The original plan was to have a Christmas Potluck with everyone but instead it was really a baby shower for me! Best surprise of all, they invited my mom and Jeremy to come too! I loved seeing them there, it was so fun! We had lots of great food, fun, and I got the most adorable stuff!! The biggest gift, they all chipped in and got me a $300 gift card! WOW! I was touched!! That helps so much and can really round out everything we need for little missy. I figure whatever we have left can be saved for several trips for diapers and wipes :)
My day started out AWFUL...I was going to treat myself to a big unsweet tea from McDonalds, with extra lemon, just the way I like it, so I left a little early to give myself enough time to get it. When I pulled out, I noticed the styrofoam cup had a small leak in the bottom which was quickly filling my cupholder, so I put a small rag in the cup holder to sop it up, but the cup was not in there very well and as soon as I took the corner, the whole cup went sloshing all over the passenger floor board. So I quickly grabbed it, put it back in the same cup holder (dumb I know, but it had a little bit of tea left and it was still leaking) as soon as I took another corner, the rest of the 32 oz. splashed all over the floorboard again! AAHHHH!! So it was filled with 32 oz of tea, ice and my 4 lemons I specifically requested (at least McDonalds got that right!) I didnt know if I was more upset I lost my tea, or that I had just cleaned my floor mats! So...I stood out in -12 wind chill weather cleaning out ice, lemons and tea. Not fun! Work was a little hairy that morning as well and I was just hoping for it to get better! I knew we had a potluck that day, but had no clue it would turn out so fun!
LAST Baby class tomorrow night and our tour of the Labor and Delivery floor. Kind of glad its our last class...we have been to SO many, I think we know all we possibly can. After all, I think you just learn as you go anyways! Check up on Miss H on Friday, then onto the weekend! Next week is a short week for me, then a MUCH needed vacation!! I AM so excited for Christmas this year, and looking so forward to spending time with my family. Lindsay and Alex will be home and that is always fun! Except we wont be waking Lindsay at 4 am to go Black Friday shopping this time. She will be glad! We dont really shop the day after Christmas, the only thing I like to get are Christmas boxes and wrapping paper anyways. Im looking forward to almost 2 weeks of relaxing and getting ready for Hannah. When I get back to work it will be January 4th and I will be 20 days away from my due date. I knew it would fly by during the holidays!

No comments: