Thursday, March 18, 2010

i'd make a good stay at home mom...

I have 3.5 weeks left of my maternity leave (of course Jeremy is tired of hearing me complain- he says "you get 12 weeks!") which to a man is a really long time- but to a new mom- its not long enough! So in preparing for my return to work we have been looking at daycares. I am so LUCKY that my mom will watch her from June to August but we have been searching for places for the before and after. We have finally found two AWESOME places. We will be using Middletown United Methodist Church for about 5 or 8 weeks (we might get a family friend to watch her in our house for 3 weeks!), then my mom will watch her, and then we will be using Evergreen Christian Preschool starting in August. I am very happy with both of those places. I thought finding a daycare would be so easy...but its hard to find a place that you think will do as good of a job as you can!
During our daycare search I decided that I could make a really good stay at home mom. The house would always be clean, I'd have time to make gourmet home cooked meals, I would go to the gym and get into really good shape (who am I kidding on the last two? ha!), Hannah and I would spend quality time playing and learning....it would be so wonderful- we just have to hit the powerball first. Now dont get me wrong...I have nothing against daycares- as a matter of fact I think they are a GREAT place for children to learn socialization skills etc. but I dont think its fair that someone else gets to spend most of the day with my daughter instead of me! Of course- if we want any more "Hannahs" in the future....Ill be working. Forever.
How am I going to leave this face on April 13th? Its going to be a SAD day at the Adkins household!

(I promise she does not spend every waking moment in her bouncy chair- it just looks like it!)

2 comments:

The Templeton's said...

Hey girl! Did you ever get my much delayed email??? YEAH on Evergreen Christian! I can't tell you how much we love it already and it has only been 1 month! Ann Mason teacher taught special ed for 16 years and has 4 grown children and is a dream and I feel SO comfortable there! Let me know if you have any questions or ever want to talk! I feel like it is much more than a "daycare" there and they really run it like a school! I promise the anticipation of going back is way worse than going back. The first few weeks are rough but it DOES get better! Are you totally sick of all my unsolicited advice? haha Sorry!

The Templeton's said...

Sorry just checked my other email account and got your message! I am a loser :0