Sunday, August 21, 2011

road trip weekend & some new things around the house!


we have had a nice little weekend! Friday we went to look at cars- its time to move on from the family sedan- I need more room! I hate to get a gas guzzler but surprisingly we have equity in my car and it seems like the time is right. Now finding what I want is not as easy as I thought! We will keep looking but not as fun as I had planned!
Saturday my mom and I made a serious road trip to IKEA- I say serious because you have to be serious about IKEA if you are going to sit in traffic for 3.5 hours. About an hour and a half of it we did not move! It was seriously painful. I dont have alot of patience but once we got there I was glad! That place is so great. I had a mission to get some storage/organization items for my craft closet- and I did! We found some great things! We had a really great time- shopping, eating, and more shopping- it was great! Jeremy and Hannah headed to Owensboro for their own little road trip and had a great time seeing Jeremys family. He was brave to take her 4 hours in the car- I can barely get to daycare without a fit!
This morning I took pictures for a little boys first birthday and after that my mom and I pulled everything out of the closet. The guest room is scary looking! But we found the perfect table that will stay in the closet but I can pull it out to work on it. I cant wait to get it finished! Tonight we had plans to see my cousin and her daughter who is 2 months older than Hannah but what do you know- Hannah has something!! Its been a while- I guess its time. Ill be taking her to the doctor tomorrow and having a little sick day with my girl. We also got a new chair for the family room. Our loveseat has basically turned into Ruby's dog bed. I know that is so gross- but it was awful and we needed something new. I was so embarrassed to even have people sit on it! So now we just have a chair in the corner which actually opens up the family room. I love it! I really dont have any pictures from this weekend- hopefully I can post a picture of my new closet soon!
A couple funny things Hannah is doing- she says "mummy" for yummy or mum for yum- its so funny! She loves to say ta-da. She throws her arms open and says ta da! She is a mess! She didnt want to eat any breakfast on Friday so we tried several things just to get her to eat- and one was her eating with her tray on the floor. That didnt even work. I hated that she went hungry- I guess it explains whatever this bug is!!

and isnt this hilarious! We found these at IKEA they are almost like smocks but its actually a bib! Its perfect when she has on a cute outfit- we dont want to her to get dirty! Of course Im sure something will get through!!

No comments: